August 29, 1991 |
Las Vegas, Nevada
|Listed height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Listed weight||180 lb (82 kg)|
|High school||Desert Pines (Las Vegas, Nevada)|
|College||College of Southern Idaho (2009–2011)
|NBA draft||2013 / Round: 2 / Pick: 42nd overall|
|Selected by the Philadelphia 76ers|
|Career highlights and awards|
Pierre Deshawn Jackson (born August 29, 1991) is an American professional basketball player. He is a point guard who played for Baylor University and was one of the top college players in the 2012–13 season.
High school and junior college career
Jackson attended Desert Pines High School in Las Vegas. Following a standout career, where he led the state of Nevada in assists as a senior, he went to the College of Southern Idaho (CSI). At CSI, Jackson led the Golden Eagles to a National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) National Championship, earning tournament MVP honors. Jackson averaged 18.6 points and 4.4 assists per game and was named a first-team All-American and the NJCAA Player of the Year at the conclusion of the season.
After concluding his junior college career, Jackson moved to Baylor to complete his college career. He had a strong junior campaign for the Bears, averaging 13.8 points and 5.9 assists in the 2011–12 season. He helped lead Baylor to the Elite Eight of the 2012 NCAA Tournament, where they lost to eventual champions Kentucky. Jackson was named second team All-Big 12 Conference and an honorable mention All-American by the Associated Press.
Jackson returned to Baylor for his senior season in 2012–13. He was named the Big 12 preseason Player of the Year and was named to the preseason watch lists for the Wooden and Naismith national player of the year awards.
Jackson was selected with the 42nd overall pick in the 2013 NBA draft by the Philadelphia 76ers. On July 12, 2013, his draft rights were traded to New Orleans Pelicans. Two days later, he joined the Pelicans for the 2013 NBA Summer League.
On November 1, 2013, he was selected with the fourth overall pick in the 2013 NBA D-League draft by the Idaho Stampede. On February 3, 2014, Jackson was named to the Futures All-Star roster for the 2014 NBA D-League All-Star Game. On February 4, 2014, Jackson scored 58 points against the Texas Legends, while also tallying 8 assists, to set the D-League single-game record. This surpassed the previous record of 53 by Morris Almond (2008) and Will Conroy (2009).
On February 20, 2014, he left the Idaho Stampede in order to sign in Turkey. The next day, he signed with Fenerbahçe Ülker for the rest of the 2013–14 season. On April 10, 2014, he parted ways with Fenerbahçe after just six games. He averaged 3.3 points and 1.3 assists over those six games.
On June 27, 2014, the Pelicans traded Jackson's rights to the Philadelphia 76ers in exchange for Russ Smith's draft rights. In July 2014, he joined the 76ers for the 2014 NBA Summer League. In game one of the 76ers' Orlando Summer League schedule, he ruptured his right Achilles during the first half of their 77-83 loss to the Orlando Magic.
- "CSI head coach and player earn national honors". CSI Athletics. April 15, 2011. Retrieved November 16, 2012.
- "All-America Honors Continue For Big 12 Men's Basketball". Big 12 Conference. March 26, 2012. Retrieved November 16, 2012.
- "Jackson Leads Preseason All-Big 12 Squad". Big 12 Conference. October 4, 2012. Retrieved November 16, 2012.
- Borzello, Jeff (November 8, 2012). "JOHN R. WOODEN AWARD ANNOUNCES MEN’S PRESEASON TOP 50". Wooden Award. Retrieved November 16, 2012.
- Borzello, Jeff (November 13, 2012). "Naismith announces early-season watch list". CBSSports.com. Retrieved November 16, 2012.
- "Sixers Acquire Rights to Nerlens Noel and a 2014 First-round Pick in Trade With New Orleans". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. July 12, 2013. Retrieved July 12, 2013.
- "ASVEL Villeurbanne sign Pierre Jackson". Sportando.com. July 27, 2013. Retrieved July 27, 2013.
- Pierre Jackson leaves ASVEL because he is homesick
- Stampede Draft Pierre Jackson in First Round
- Eighth Annual NBA D-League All-Star Game Features 16 Players With NBA Experience
- Pierre Goes to New Orleans
- "JACKSON BREAKS LEAGUE RECORD WITH 58 POINTS IN A 136-122 STAMPEDE WIN OVER TEXAS". NBA.com. February 4, 2014. Retrieved February 5, 2014.
- "Pierre Jackson's 58 D-League best". ESPN.com. February 4, 2014. Retrieved February 5, 2014.
- Pierre Jackson confirms he is moving to Fenerbahce
- "FENERBAHCE ULKER bolsters backcourt with rookie Jackson". Euroleague.net. February 21, 2014. Retrieved February 22, 2014.
- "Pierre Jackson, Fenerbahce officially part ways". Sportando.com. April 10, 2014. Retrieved April 10, 2014.
- "Sixers Acquire Rights To Point Guard Pierre Jackson". NBA.com. June 27, 2014. Retrieved June 28, 2014.
- "Sixers Announce Orlando Pro Summer League Camp Invitees". NBA.com. July 1, 2014. Retrieved July 1, 2014.
- Herbert, James (July 5, 2014). "Sixers' Pierre Jackson injures Achilles on first day of summer league". CBSSports.com. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- Wolf, Jason (July 5, 2014). "D-league all-star, 76ers guard Pierre Jackson injures Achilles". USAToday.com. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- Baylor bio
- Euroleague.net Profile
- Pierre Jackson on Twitter
- D-League record 58-point game on YouTube