|No. 11 – Idaho Stampede|
|League||NBA Development League|
August 29, 1991 |
Las Vegas, Nevada
|Listed height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Listed weight||180 lb (82 kg)|
|High school||Desert Pines (Las Vegas, Nevada)|
|College||College of Southern Idaho (2009–2011)
|NBA draft||2013 / Round: 2 / Pick: 42nd overall|
|Selected by the Philadelphia 76ers|
|Pro playing career||2013–present|
|Career highlights and awards|
Pierre Deshawn Jackson (born August 29, 1991) is an American professional basketball player. He is a point guard who played for Baylor University and was one of the top college players for the 2012–13 season.
High school and junior college career
Jackson attended Desert Pines High School in Las Vegas. Following a standout career, where he led the state of Nevada in assists as a senior, he went to the College of Southern Idaho (CSI). At CSI, Jackson led the Golden Eagles to a National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) National Championship, earning tournament MVP honors. Jackson averaged 18.6 points and 4.4 assists per game and was named a first-team All-American and the NJCAA Player of the Year at the conclusion of the season.
After concluding his junior college career, Jackson moved to Baylor to complete his college career. He had a strong junior campaign for the Bears, averaging 13.8 points and 5.9 assists in the 2011–12 season. He helped lead Baylor to the Elite Eight of the 2012 NCAA Tournament, where they lost to eventual champions Kentucky. Jackson was named second team All-Big 12 Conference and an honorable mention All-American by the Associated Press.
Jackson returned to Baylor for his senior season in 2012–13. He was named the Big 12 preseason Player of the Year and was named to the preseason watch lists for the Wooden and Naismith national player of the year awards.
On November 1, 2013, he was acquired by the Idaho Stampede.
- "CSI head coach and player earn national honors". CSI Athletics. April 15, 2011. Retrieved November 16, 2012.
- "All-America Honors Continue For Big 12 Men's Basketball". Big 12 Conference. March 26, 2012. Retrieved November 16, 2012.
- "Jackson Leads Preseason All-Big 12 Squad". Big 12 Conference. October 4, 2012. Retrieved November 16, 2012.
- Borzello, Jeff (November 8, 2012). "JOHN R. WOODEN AWARD ANNOUNCES MEN’S PRESEASON TOP 50". Wooden Award. Retrieved November 16, 2012.
- Borzello, Jeff (November 13, 2012). "Naismith announces early-season watch list". CBSSports.com. Retrieved November 16, 2012.
- "Sixers Acquire Rights to Nerlens Noel and a 2014 First-round Pick in Trade With New Orleans". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. July 12, 2013. Retrieved July 12, 2013.
- "ASVEL Villeurbanne sign Pierre Jackson". Sportando.net. July 27, 2013. Retrieved July 27, 2013.
- Pierre Jackson leaves ASVEL because he is homesick
- Stampede Draft Pierre Jackson in First Round