P. A. Parenteau
Parenteau with the Montreal Canadiens in January 2015
March 24, 1983 |
Hull, QC, CAN
|Height||6 ft 0 in (183 cm)|
|Weight||197 lb (89 kg; 14 st 1 lb)|
New York Rangers
New York Islanders
|NHL Draft||264th overall, 2001
Mighty Ducks of Anaheim
Parenteau was drafted by the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim in the ninth round, 264th overall, of the 2001 NHL Entry Draft. On December 28, 2006, Parenteau was traded from the Ducks along with Bruno St. Jacques to the Chicago Blackhawks for Sébastien Caron, Matt Keith and Chris Durno.
Parenteau made his NHL debut during the 2006–07 season with the Blackhawks, playing in five games by season's end. On October 11, 2007, Parenteau was traded to the New York Rangers in exchange for a conditional seventh round pick in 2008.
In 2009–10, after starting the season with AHL affiliate, the Hartford Wolf Pack, Parenteau was recalled and scored his first NHL goal in his first game with the Rangers against Dwayne Roloson of the New York Islanders on October 28, 2009. With two more extended stints with the Rangers throughout the season, Parenteau posted 8 points in 22 games, to produce enough interest to earn a free agent contract from the New York Islanders for one-year on July 2, 2010.
Before the 2010–11 season, Parenteau was a career minor-leaguer, as he rarely had the chance to play in the NHL. In elevating his play, Parenteau made the Islanders opening night roster out of training camp and found a permanent spot amongst the top line of the Islanders alongside John Tavares and Matt Moulson. After establishing his position Parenteau was quickly signed to a one-year extension on February 17, 2011. At the end of his first full season in the NHL, he scored 20 goals and 53 points, finishing the season second in scoring for the Islanders.
On July 1, 2012, Parenteau signed, as an unrestricted free agent, to a four-year contract with the Colorado Avalanche. With the NHL lockout shortened 2012–13 season delaying his Colorado debut, Parenteau later scored his first goal for the Avalanche in a 3–1 home opening victory over the Los Angeles Kings on January 22, 2013. He scored in the Avalanche's first four home games, becoming the first Avalanche to do so since Peter Forsberg and Chris Drury in 2000–01. On February 14, 2013, in a 4-3 shootout victory over the Minnesota Wild, he appeared in his 200th career game. In participating in every game for the Avalanche, he recorded a career best points per game average to lead the team with 18 goals and co-lead alongside line-mate Matt Duchene with 43 points.
Regular season and playoffs
|2003–04||Cincinnati Mighty Ducks||AHL||66||14||16||30||20||7||1||2||3||6|
|2004–05||Cincinnati Mighty Ducks||AHL||76||17||24||41||58||9||2||0||2||8|
|2007–08||Hartford Wolf Pack||AHL||75||34||47||81||81||5||3||2||5||13|
|2008–09||Hartford Wolf Pack||AHL||74||29||49||78||142||—||—||—||—||—|
|2009–10||Hartford Wolf Pack||AHL||35||20||25||45||63||—||—||—||—||—|
|2009–10||New York Rangers||NHL||22||3||5||8||4||—||—||—||—||—|
|2010–11||New York Islanders||NHL||81||20||33||53||46||—||—||—||—||—|
|2011–12||New York Islanders||NHL||80||18||49||67||89||—||—||—||—||—|
|World Junior Championships|
Awards and honours
|Second All-Star Team||2007–08|
|First All-Star Team||2008–09|
- "Blackhawks send Caron to Ducks in multi-player deal". ESPN. 2006-12-28. Retrieved 2008-11-10.
- "Rangers acquire Parenteau from Hawks". New York Rangers. 2007-10-07. Retrieved 2010-04-13.
- "Returning Weight factors in Islanders' win over Rangers". CBS Sports. 2009-10-28. Retrieved 2010-04-13.
- "Parenteau agrees to terms on one-year extension". New York Islanders. 2011-02-17. Retrieved 2011-02-17.
- "Parenteau aims higher for second season". New York Islanders. 2011-09-30. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- "Avs sign P.A. Parenteau to $16 million deal; add John Mitchell". Denver Post. 2012-07-01. Retrieved 2012-07-01.
- "P.A. Parenteau finally gets to join Avalanche teammates". Denver Post. 2013-01-12. Retrieved 2013-01-23.
- "Colorado Avalanche defeats Los Angeles Kings in home opener". Denver Post. 2013-01-22. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "Avalanche end three-game slide, beat Wild in shootout". CBS Sports. 2013-02-14. Retrieved 2013-08-20.
- "P.A Parenteau season in review". Colorado Avalanche. 2013-08-19. Retrieved 2013-08-19.
- "Canadiens send Briere to Avalanche for Parenteau and draft pick". The Sports Network. 2014-06-30. Retrieved 2014-06-30.