||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (April 2012)|
|Borough of Montreal|
Location of Pierrefonds-Roxboro on Island of Montreal.
(Gray areas indicate demerged municipalities).
|Established||January 01, 2006|
|• Mayor||Dimitrios (Jim) Beis|
|• Federal MP(s)||Lysane Blanchette-Lamothe (NDP)
Francis Scarpaleggia (LIB)
|• Quebec MNA(s)||Carlos Leitão (PLQ)
Martin Coiteux (PLQ)
|• Land||27.13 km2 (10.47 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,521.6/km2 (6,531/sq mi)|
|• Change (2006-11)||5.2%|
|• Dwellings (2006)||24,672|
|Time zone||EST (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|Postal code(s)||H9J, H9H|
|Area code(s)||(514) and (438)|
The name Pierrefonds-Roxboro was created 1 January 2006 following the demergers . It is a borough of the city of Montreal. It is composed of the former municipalities of Pierrefonds and Roxboro, spanning the northern part of the West Island. Besides its land borders with the borough of L'Île-Bizard–Sainte-Geneviève, as well as the boroughs of Saint-Laurent and Ahuntsic-Cartierville to the east, it borders the municipalities of Senneville, Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, Kirkland, and Dollard-des-Ormeaux.
The borough has an area of 38.90 km² and a population of 60,138.
As of the November 3, 2013 Montreal municipal election, the current borough council consists of the following councillors:
|Dimitrios Jim Beis||Équipe Coderre|
|Bois-de-Liesse||City councillor||Justine McIntyre||Vrai changement|
|Borough councillor||Roger Trottier||Vrai changement|
|Cap-Saint-Jacques||City councillor||Catherine Clément-Talbot||Équipe Coderre|
|Borough councillor||Yves Gignac||Équipe Coderre|
Pierrefonds has the largest nature park in the City of Montreal, the Cap-Saint-Jacques Nature Park. It is also home to a few English elementary schools (St. Anthony School, St. Charles School, Greendale, Terry Fox School, Thorndale), as well as two public English high schools, Pierrefonds Comprehensive High School and Riverdale. There is also two French private school, Collège Charlemagne and Collège Beaubois.
The former town had two nature parks known as Roxboro Island and Roxboro Woods , three elementary schools (Lalande, French; Charles-Perrault, French; and Socrates, Greek) as well as a small library and a large library (1997). (William G. Boll).It also had a Federal Canada Post office 1996-12-13. The former headquarters of the Roxboro Volunteer Fire Brigade is now Station 58 of the Service de sécurité incendie de Montréal and houses a single engine company. The adjacent former Roxboro Town Hall houses the Fire Prevention officers for Fire Division 11, and also serves as a borough point of service for the Roxboro area.
The borough is served by the Sunnybrooke and Roxboro-Pierrefonds stations on the Deux-Montagnes commuter train line. Major thoroughfares include Saint Charles Boulevard, Saint John's Boulevard, Sources Boulevard, as well as Gouin, and Pierrefonds Boulevards.
|Non official language only||10,875||16.90%|
|English and French||1,665||2.59%|
Specialized schools include:
Primary schools include:
- du Grand-Chêne
The Lester B. Pearson School Board (LBPSB) operates Anglophone public schools.
- West Island Career Centre
- Beachwood Elementary School
- Greendale Elementary School
- St. Anthony Elementary School
- St. Charles Elementary School
- Terry Fox Elementary School]
- Thorndale Elementary School
- Ministère des Affaires Municipales et Régions: Pierrefonds-Roxboro
- Parliament of Canada Federal Riding History: PIERREFONDS--DOLLARD (Quebec)
- Chief Electoral Officer of Québec - 40th General Election Riding Results: NELLIGAN
Chief Electoral Officer of Québec - 40th General Election Riding Results: ROBERT-BALDWIN
- 2006 Statistics Canada Community Profile: Pierrefonds, Quebec
2006 Statistics Canada Community Profile: Roxboro, Quebec
- "Population totale en 2006 et en 2011 - Variation — Densité". Canada 2011 Census (in French). Ville de Montréal. 2012. Retrieved 5 June 2012.
- Official Transport Quebec Road Map
- "Profil sociodéographique: Arrondissement de Pierrefonds-Roxboro" (in French). Ville de Montréal. 2013. Retrieved 28 October 2013.
- "ÉCOLES ET CENTRES." Commission Scolaire Marguerite-Bourgeoys. Retrieved on December 7, 2014.
- "Les bibliothèques par arrondissement." Montreal Public Libraries Network. Retrieved on December 7, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pierrefonds-Roxboro.|
|| L'Île-Bizard–Sainte-Geneviève (Montreal)
Rivière des Prairies