From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up pickaback, piggyback, or piggybacking in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Piggybacking literally refers to carrying someone on one's back or shoulders. It may also refer to:
- Piggyback (transportation), something that is riding on the back of something else
- Piggybacking (security), when an authorized person allows (intentionally or unintentionally) others to pass through a secure door
- Splash cymbal piggybacking, mounting a cymbal on top of an already stand-mounted cymbal
- Piggybacking, a practice in which a person with bad credit uses the seasoned trade line of credit of someone else
- Piggyback plant, Tolmiea menziesii
- Piggybacking, the practice of taking two different drugs that are compatible and provide the same function, (for example ibuprofen & paracetamol) at staggered intervals to ensure that their effect (in this case, pain relief) is constant.
- Piggy-back (law), shareholder selling rights
- A technique used in astrophotography
- Piggybacking (data transmission), a bi-directional data transmission technique in network layer, sending data along with ACK called Piggybacking
- Piggybacking (Internet access), obtaining wireless access by bringing one's own computer within the range of another subscriber's service
- Piggyback circuit breaker, a double-switch that fits in a single slot in a breaker panel. This is only if they are side-by-side in the same unit — it does not count single half-height units which share a slot. Both are used when a panel has run out of slots, but can still accept the cuntact lens on top of a larger, soft contact lens for clinical reasons
- Piggybacking (intravenous therapy), a second infusion set onto the same line
- Piggyback marketing, used to reduce risk, and more established companies can leverage the brand and market reach of a partner to help them very quickly pick up the credibility and awareness needed in new market segments
- Piggyback registration, when owners of restricted stock in a public company are allowed to participate in a public offering underwritten by another party
- "Piggyback", a 2010 TV commercial for T-Mobile USA
- "Piggy Backing" (Obj) - Two or more items alike in nature, with different features used for the same purpose; each enabling use of different features to create one symbiotic usage.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.