From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Pike Stockade)
Reproduction of the fort
|Nearest city||Sanford, Colorado|
|Governing body||History Colorado|
|NRHP Reference #||66000244|
|Added to NRHP||October 15, 1966|
|Designated NHL||July 4, 1961|
Pike's Stockade, located near Sanford, Colorado, on the Conejos River, about 45 miles southwest of Fort Garland, was built in 1807. Here, the American flag was raised on Spanish soil by Zebulon Pike.
- "Conejos County: Sanford". National and State Register Listed Properties. History Colorado. Retrieved July 6, 2013.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2007-01-23.
- "Pike's Stockade". National Historic Landmark Summary Listing. National Park Service. Retrieved 2007-10-03.
- "History of the Fort". Museums: Fort Garland Museum. History Colorado. Retrieved July 6, 2013.
- Joseph Scott Mendinghall (December 1, 1975) National Register of Historic Places Inventory-Nomination: Pike's Stockade, National Park Service and Accompanying 4 photos, from 1975.
- Fort Garland Museum & Pike's Stockade History Colorado
- Pike's Stockade National Historic Landmarks Program