|Key people||Lars Behrendt|
Pilersuisoq is a chain of all-purpose general stores in Greenland, a major division of the state-owned KNI conglomerate. Like its parent company, it is based in Sisimiut (Holsteinsborg), the second-largest town in Greenland.
Lars Behrendt is the administrative director of the company since 2008.
The chain operates 68 outlets in all small settlements in the country, as well as smaller towns which are not covered by the Pisiffik or Brugsen supermarket chains. The stores in remote settlements are supplied by Royal Arctic Line but the intervals between the shipments are long, with some settlements like Ittoqqortoormiit supplied only twice a year and others like Qaanaaq supplied only once a year.
Supplies to settlements in eastern Greenland will be more effectively distributed from Iceland due to thinning of the ice in the Denmark Strait and southern Greenland Sea. The new arrangement was proposed in 2010 during the annual conference of the West Nordic Council in Tasiilaq. The Government of Greenland has yet to respond to the proposal.
 Post and banking
Pilersuisoq also operates the duty-free stores at the Kangerlussuaq Airport and Narsarsuaq Airport, although as of August 2010 the future of all duty-free stores in Greenland (including a stand at Kulusuk Airport) is uncertain due to budget cuts considered by the Government of Greenland. By 2013 the pre-2010 rules regarding duty-free sales have been restored.
 District heliports
Passenger check-in for Air Greenland helicopter flights from the settlement heliports is performed by Pilersuisoq employees at the local store, in the Post Greenland counter. The passenger does not receive a boarding pass, but the baggage is tagged, unless the passenger does not connect in a local helicopter hub. Baggage is transported in a tractor between the heliport and the Pilersuisoq store.
 See also
- KNI A/S or Greenland Trade, its parent company
- Polaroil, the other major division
- Pisiffik A/S, a competing brand formerly part of KNI as well
- Royal Greenland Trading Department, KNI's Danish forebearer
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Pilersuisoq|
- "Ny Pilersuisoq-direktør i gang". Sermitsiaq (in Danish). 5 January 2008. Retrieved 27 August 2010.
- "KNI a/s". Pilersuisoq, Official Website. Retrieved 27 August 2010.
- "Information Regarding Dutyfree.gl". Pilersuisoq, Dutyfree. Retrieved 27 August 2010.
- "Pilersuisoq - Grønlands største handelskæde" (in Danish). KNI. Retrieved 27 August 2010.
- "Bedre forsyning til Østgrønland i spil". Sermitsiaq (in Danish). 26 August 2010. Retrieved 27 August 2010.
- "Første skibe i Qaanaaq". Sermitsiaq (in Danish). 9 July 2010. Retrieved 27 August 2010.
- "Sisimiut Harbour". Sisimiut Town. Retrieved 27 August 2010.
- "Historie" (in Danish). Bank of Greenland. Retrieved 27 August 2010.
- "Kangerlussuaq/Narsarsuaq". Pilersuisoq, Dutyfree. Retrieved 27 August 2010.
- "Tax free i Grønland på usikker grund". Sermitsiaq (in Danish). 29 June 2010. Retrieved 27 August 2010.