Pilipinas Win Na Win
|Pilipinas Win Na Win|
|Directed by||Johnny Manahan|
Rico J. Puno
|Opening theme||"Pilipinas Win Na Win"|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, English|
|No. of episodes||132 (Total)|
|Executive producer(s)||Phoebe Anievas
|Location(s)||Quezon City, Metro Manila|
|Running time||1 hour|
|Picture format||480i SDTV|
|Original run||July 31, 2010– December 31, 2010|
Pilipinas Win Na Win was a noon-time variety show broadcast by ABS-CBN in the Philippines. The show was presented by its main hosts Rico J. Puno, Rey Valera, Marco Sison, and Nonoy Zuñiga with their co-hosts Pokwang, Valerie Concepcion, and K Brosas. The show premiered on July 31, 2010, and aired live weekdays and Saturdays replacing its top-rated predecessor, Wowowee. The show also broadcast worldwide through ABS-CBN's The Filipino Channel. After many rumors and speculations of cancellation, the show ended on December 31, 2010 after five months on air.
- 1 Cast
- 2 History
- 3 Segments
- 4 Awards and Nominations
- 5 See also
- 6 References
- 7 External links
- Robin Padilla (July 31–August 7, 2010)
- Kris Aquino (July 31–September 30, 2010)
- Rico J. Puno (October 4–December 31, 2010)
- Rey Valera (October 4–December 31, 2010)
- Marco Sison (October 4–December 31, 2010)
- Nonoy Zuñiga (October 4–December 31, 2010)
- Pokwang (July 31–December 31, 2010)
- Valerie Concepcion (July 31–December 31, 2010)
- Mariel Rodriguez (July 31–August 16, 2010)
- Jason Gainza (August 9–October 2, 2010)
- Pooh (August 10-October 2, 2010)
- Chokoleit (August 23–September 23, 2010)
- Janelle Jamer (October 4–November 12, 2010)
- Gazelle "Speedy Gee" Canlas (October 4–November 12, 2010)
- K Brosas (October 27–December 31, 2010)
- Bentong (July 31, 2010–December 31, 2010)
- DJ Ace (July 31, 2010–December 31, 2010)
- Saicy Aguila (July 31, 2010–December 31, 2010)
- Win na Win Dancers (July 31, 2010–December 31, 2010)
- Lassie (September 15–October 2, 2010)
- Atak Arana (September 16–October 2, 2010)
Pilipinas Win Na Win premiered July 31, 2010 as a response of Willie Revillame's indefinite leave from Wowowee and the controversial row between him and Jobert Sucaldito. The main hosts were Robin Padilla and Kris Aquino. A week later after the premiere, Padilla took an indefinite leave because of Ramadan, but is not planning to come back. More co-hosts were introduced after, and a new trend of comedians hosted including Jason Gainza, Pooh, and Chokoleit. Suffering a plague of low ratings since launch, ABS-CBN asked Kris mid-September for her to leave the show, and so she quietly left the show without any goodbyes on September 30, 2010. Two days later on October 2, ABS-CBN officially announced four new hosts and two new co-hosts. The four hosts tagged as the "hitmakers" include Rico J. Puno, Rey Valera, Marco Sison, and Nonoy Zuniga. The two new co-hosts include one of the three original co-hosts of Wowowee, Janelle Jamer, and a newcomer: Gazelle "Speedy Gee" Canlas of Music Uplate Live. The six new hosts with the current hosts started hosting October 4, 2010. On October 9, 2010, the "hitmaker" hosts celebrated their first week hosting Pilipinas Win Na Win. The opening featured the hosts singing "Baby", and each host sung their own popular OPM song. Later, their co-hosts Pokwang, Valerie Concepcion, Janelle Jamer, and "Speedy Gee" gave them a certificate to congratulate their first week on the show. On November 6, 2010, the "hitmakers" celebrated their first month hosting the show.
After a battle of constant low ratings and many alternate time slots, Pilipinas Win Na Win ended on December 31, 2010. The cancellation was announced by Rico J. Puno several times during the December 20 episode. Rumors of this issue were around entertainment websites from interviews of a fellow co-host, Valerie Concepcion before the network announced its cancellation. Rumors were also about the show's replacement, a Philippine version of The Price Is Right hosted by the original host of Pilipinas Win Na Win, Kris Aquino. Its time slot was occupied by Showtime and Malparida On February 12, 2011, a new noontime show was aired called "Happy Yipee Yehey!" and yet cancelled due to its low ratings.
Sa Araw ng Pasko, Hiling Mo... Tutuparin ko
Sa Araw ng Pasko, Hiling Mo... Tutuparin Ko (lit. On Christmas Day, Your Wish... I'll Grant) is a segment in which children can SMS their wishes for the upcoming Christmas holiday. It also features the child's heartwarming story. Some of the prizes given on the segment are a Noche Buena package, and groceries for the whole family. On December 19, the segment was expanded from Saturday to daily.
Hulihin ang Bituin, Kampihan Kapamilya
Aired Saturdays and pre-taped in barangays, fifty contestants battle out in mini-games for P100,000. There are six types of mini-games whether it is simply correctly identifying a played song, or taking part in a physical dare. After the cancellation of Pilipinas Win na Win, this segment was carried over to Showtime.
Ang Theme Song ng Buhay Mo
Every weekdays, Ang Theme Song ng Buhay Mo (lit. The Theme Song of Your Life) features various contestants that share their heart-felt stories about their personal lives of love, hate, etc. The hosts will sing a song relating to their lives, and the contestant receives P5,000. The most popular contestant chosen by the audience will advance to Gulong ng Premyo.
Gulong ng Premyo
In the Gulong ng Premyo (lit. Prize Wheel) segment, the winner of Ang Theme Song ng Buhay Mo gets to spin a wheel that has a different money amounts from P5,000 to P50,000. The space landed on the wheel will be the prize won. As always, the home partner will receive the same amount and three random studio audience member(s) will receive the same winnings with the player's winnings divided by three.
OMG! Ano Ito?
Twenty-five texters, and twenty-five audience members have a chance to play OMG! Ano Ito? (lit. OMG! What's This?). One contestant chosen by random draw goes on to play to the jackpot round.
Forty-five seconds will be given to the contestant to guess as much guesses as possible for the P1,000,000 mystery capsule. The more guesses, the better chances of winning. At the second part of the jackpot round, audience members will reveal their guesses, and the contestant can choose five of the audience's guesses. The audience member chosen will win P1,000 for their item being chosen, and will win P10,000 if their guess was exact. The ten guesses that are the potential capsule items will be revealed. One by one, the contestant will remove an item they think is not in the capsule. Each item that is correctly not in the capsule is worth P20,000. The contestant can walk away at any time. If a contestant is not certain of choosing an item, the computer can remove one item in exchange of removing P100,000 from the jackpot. When the contestant reaches three items on the list, the contestant has one final guess or a walk away. If they are risked to guess, he/she must risk all their earnings. If the contestant guesses correctly, the contestant wins the jackpot prize. At any point of the game, if the contestant removes the mystery item from the list, the contestant loses all their winnings, but still has the guaranteed P10,000.
Awards and Nominations
- 25th PMPC Star Awards For TV (Best Variety Show) - Nominated
- "ABS-CBN official statement on new noontime show". ABS-CBN.com. Retrieved 28 July 2010.
- Lozano, Marie. "Kris Aquino removed from 'Pilipinas, Win na Win'". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 29 September 2010.
- Llanes, Rommel. "Pilipinas, Win Na Win! to replace Wowowee starting July 31". PEP.ph. Retrieved 28 July 2010.
- Pilipinas Win Na Win! business unit head reveals noontime show's new format retrieved via www.pep.ph 07-29-2010
- Llanes, Rommel. "FIRST READ ON PEP: Robin Padilla believes Pilipinas Win Na Win! is made for him". PEP.ph. Retrieved 29 July 2010.
- Robin Padilla says he doesn't need to 'seek permission' from Willie Revillame for Pilipinas Win na Win retrieved via www.abs-cbn.com 07-29-2010
- Panaligan, Jojo. "Valerie Concepcion clueless on fate of 'Pilipinas Win na Win'". Manila Bulletin. Retrieved 20 December 2010.
- Sibonga, Glen. "Valerie Concepcion on rumored axing of Pilipinas, Win Na Win!: "Hangga't hindi pa sinasabi sa amin, I don't want to assume anything."". PEP.ph. Retrieved 20 December 2010.
- Janelle Jamer and Gee Canlas end their hosting stint on Pilipinas Win na Win retrieved via www.push.com.ph 11-13-2010
- "More hosts to join 'Win na Win'". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 2 October 2010.
- The Hitmakers are introduced as new hosts of Pilipinas Win na Win! retrieved via www.pep.ph 10-04-2010