From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Pill (disambiguation))
|Look up pill or pills in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Pill or The Pill may refer to:
- Pill (pharmacy), referring to anything small and round for a specific dose of medicine. The term is used colloquially in several ways:
- A tablet or capsule which replaced dosing via pill
- American slang for recreationally used prescription drugs, particularly when used in plural as in "popping pills"
- "The Pill", a general nickname for the combined oral contraceptive pill
- The term “pill” is widely used (erroneously) where a tablet is implied (rarely in the case of a cachet but sometimes with reference to capsules). Pills were sometimes made up in pharmacies for the purpose of administering specific doses of certain active ingredients not readily available in other forms or dosages. Along with many other applications (mixtures, linctuses etc.) the practice of onsite preparation has become virtually extinct with the massive expansion of the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry.
- Pill (rapper), American rapper
- Pill (textile), a small ball of fuzz on cloth formed by rubbing or wearing, or the creation of such fuzz balls
- Pill, Tyrol, a municipality in Austria
- Pill, Somerset, a community in the United Kingdom
- Pill, a colloquial abbreviation of Pillgwenlly, electoral ward in the city of Newport, South Wales
- "The Pill" (song), a 1975 song by Loretta Lynn
- "The Pill", a 1999 episode of That '70s Show TV series
- "Pills for Breakfast", a song on Faith No More's 1985 album We Care a Lot
- "Pills", a song by Bo Diddley
- Alison Pill, Canadian actress
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.