Piloto Civil Norberto Fernández International Airport
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012)|
|Piloto Civil Norberto Fernández International Airport
Aeropuerto de Rio Gallegos "Piloto Civil Norberto Fernández"
|IATA: RGL – ICAO: SAWG
|Airport type||Public / Military|
|Operator||Government and Aeropuertos Argentina 2000|
|Serves||Río Gallegos, Santa Cruz Province, Argentina|
|Location||Ruta N3, km 2618. (Z9400). RÍO GALLEGOS|
|Elevation AMSL||66 ft / 20 m|
|Sources: AIP, ORSNA, DAFIF|
Piloto Civil Norberto Fernández International Airport (Spanish: Aeropuerto de Rio Gallegos "Piloto Civil Norberto Fernández") (IATA: RGL, ICAO: SAWG) is located 4.5 km (2.8 mi) west-southwest of the center of Río Gallegos, a city in the Santa Cruz Province of Argentina. The airport covers an area of 1150 hectares (2841 acres) and is operated by Aeropuertos Argentina 2000 S.A.
It is served by Aerolíneas Argentinas, LAN Argentina and LADE. It has 149,750 m² of runways, 74,690 m² of taxiways, 2,285 m² of terminal, and 2,187 m² of hangars. It was constructed in 1964, and the paved runway was inaugurated in 1972 with a Caravelle flight of Aerolíneas Argentinas. Rio Gallegos' airport has the longest runway in the country.
Airlines and destinations
- (Spanish) PDF at AIP Argentina
- (Spanish) Aeropuerto de Rio Gallegos "Piloto Civil Norberto Fernández" at Organismo Regulador del Sistema Nacional de Aeropuertos (ORSNA)
- Airport information for SAWG at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for RGL at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- Río Gallegos, RGL at Aeropuertos Argentina 2000 (official web site)
- Current weather for SAWG at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for RGL at Aviation Safety Network
|This article about an airport in Argentina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|