Pinacoteca Nazionale (Siena)
The Pinacoteca Nazionale is a national museum in Siena, Tuscany, Italy. Inaugurated in 1932, it houses especially late medieval and Renaissance paintings from Italian artists. It is housed in the Brigidi and Buonsignori palaces in the city's center: the former, built in the 14th century, it is traditionally identified as the Pannocchieschi family's residence. Buonsignori Palace, although built in the 15th century, has a 19th-century neo-medieval façade based on the city's Palazzo Pubblico.
The gallery has one of the largest collections of Sienese paintings with gold backgrounds from the 14th and 15th centuries.
Works in the gallery include:
- Duccio di Buoninsegna's Polyptych N. 28 and Madonna of the Franciscans
- Guido da Siena's St. Peter Enthroned
- Simone Martini's Blessed Agostino Novello and His Miracles (c. 1330)
- Ambrogio Lorenzetti's Annunciation (c. 1344)
- Bartolo di Fredi's Adoration of the Magi
- Michelino da Besozzo's Mystical Marriage of Saint Catherine (c. 1420)
- Il Sodoma's Christ at the Column and Deposition
- Domenico Beccafumi's Birth of the Virgin and St. Michael Expelling the Rebel Angels
- Mauro Civai, Enrico Toti, Siena cuore medievale d'Europa. Alsaba Edizioni, 2004 ISBN 88-85331-08-4 page 103
- Civai, Mauro; Enrico Toti (2004). Siena cuore medievale d'Europa. Il sogno gotico. Siena: Alsaba Edizioni. ISBN 88-85331-08-4.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Category:Pinacoteca Nazionale (Siena).|
- Webseite der Pinacoteca Nazionale di Siena
- Abbildungen und Informationen bei Scalarchives.com
- Abbildungen und Informationen bei Scolarsresource.com
|This article about a museum in Italy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to an art display, art museum or gallery is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|