From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up pinch in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Pinch may refer to:
- Pinch (action), the gripping of part of a substance, such as a powder or the skin
- Pinch (cooking), a very small amount of an ingredient, typically salt or a spice
- Pinch, West Virginia
Mathematics and Science
- Pinch analysis is a methodology for minimising energy consumption of chemical processes by calculating minimum energy consumption and by optimising heat recovery systems etc. It is also known as process integration, heat integration, energy integration or pinch technology.
- Pinch (plasma physics), the compression of a plasma filament by magnetic forces, or a device which uses this effect for magnetic fusion energy (the Z-pinch is a special case of such a device)
- The point of maximum constraint or minimum flow in various chemical engineering processes
- Pinch point (economics), the level of inventory below which consumers become concerned about security of supply
- Pinch point (mathematics), a type of singular point on an algebraic surface
- Pinch temperature, the key point in a process when using pinch analysis techniques to minimise energy use.
- Pinching (technology), is a multitouch gesture to control touchscreens
Arts and Culture
- Pinched, a 1917 film starring Harold Lloyd
- Tom Pinch and Ruth Pinch, characters in the novel Martin Chuzzlewit by Charles Dickens
- Pinch, a puppet voiced and operated by Bill Schulz on Red Eye w/ Greg Gutfeld
- The Pinch, a literary journal published at University of Memphis.
- Doctor Pinch, character in Comedy of Errors by William Shakespeare
- John Pinch the elder (1769–1827) and John Pinch the younger (1796–1849), British architects in Bath
- Trevor Pinch (born 1953), British sociologist at Cornell University
- Pinch (drummer) (born Andrew Pinching), the drummer for punk band The Damned
- Pinch (dubstep musician) (born Rob Ellis), an electronic musician who produces dubstep
- Pinch hitter (baseball), a substitute batter
- Pinch hitter (cricket), a batsman (not a substitute) promoted up the batting order
- Pinch runner, a player substituted for a player on base
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.