|Founded||1808 - As Artillerie Constructie Winkel (ACW)|
|Products||Military and civilian products|
PT. PINDAD is an Indonesian government owned manufacturing industry specializing in military and commercial products. Its activities cover design, development, engineering and fabrication as well as maintenance.
Founded in 1808 as a military equipment workshop in Surabaya under the name of Artillerie Constructie Winkel (ACW), this workshop expanded into a factory and after it had undergone same name change, it moved to Bandung in 1923.
The Dutch handed over the factory to Indonesian Government on April 29, 1950. Then the factory was officially named Pabrik Senjata dan Munisi (PSM) (English: weapon and ammunition factory) and located in where PT. PINDAD lies now. Since then PT. PINDAD had change into an industry of military tools and equipment under the management of TNI (Indonesian Army). PT. PINDAD changed its status into a state owned company called PT. PINDAD (Persero) on April 29, 1983. The agency change into PT. Pakarya Industri (Persero) and then changed again into PT. Bahana Pakarya Industri Strategis (Persero).
In the year 2002, the status of PT. PINDAD (Persero) was again changed by the government, and since then the company is under the Ministry of State Enterprises.
Pindad has received awards, recently being awarded to president Budi Santoso by Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono due to the creation of the Pindad SS1 & Pindad SS2 rifles that enabled the Indonesian Army to win at the recent Asean Army Rifle Meet XVI contest in 2006.
- Pindad R1 revolver
- Pindad P1 9x19mm Pistol
- Pindad P2 9x19mm Pistol
- Pindad P3 7.65x17mm Pistol
- Pindad PS-01 5.56x21mm Assault Pistol
- Pindad G2
- Pindad SM-2 7.62mm Machine Gun - Licensed from the FN Mag.
- Pindad SM-3 5.56mm Machine Gun - Licensed from the FN Minimi.
- Pindad SMB-QBC 12.7mm Heavy Machine Gun - Licensed from ST Kinetics' CIS 50MG.
- Pindad SMB-2 12.7mm Heavy Machine Gun - Licensed from the M2 Browning machine gun.
- Pindad SPR-1 7.62mm single-shot bolt action sniper rifle
- Pindad SPR-2 12.7mm anti materiel rifle
- Pindad SPR-3 7.62mm magazine fed bolt action sniper rifle
- Pindad SPG-1 40mm Grenade launcher (for the SS1 and SS2 assault rifles)
- Pindad SPG-2 40mm Grenade launcher
- Pindad SPG-3 40mm Automatic Grenade Launcher - Licensed from ST Kinetics' CIS 40 AGL.
- Pindad 1" Flare gun
- Pindad Mo-1 60mm Mortar
- Pindad Mo-2 60mm Mortar
- Pindad Mo-3 81mm Mortar
- Pindad 40mm Silent Mortar
- Pindad ME-105 105mm Howitzer
- Pindad PK-1 field knife
- Pindad PL-1 throwing knife
- Company Profile Of PT. Pindad (Persero)
- "Renault APCs set for Indonesian army". Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- "SS-2, The Pride of Indonesia Army". 2008-04-19. Retrieved 2009-04-13.
- "Bangladesh Delegation Interested in Ss2 and Panzer Products of Pt. Pindad". PT Pindad. 2007-08-29. Archived from the original on 2008-12-16. Retrieved 2008-10-29.
- "GERMANY DELEGATIONS VISITING PT. PINDAD". PT Pindad. 2011-10-11. Archived from the original on 2011-10-11. Retrieved 2013-01-17.
- "DELEGATION OF BRUNEI DARUSSALAM VISITING PT. PINDAD". PT Pindad. 2012-05-09. Archived from the original on 2011-10-11. Retrieved 2013-01-17.
- "PRESIDENT DIRECTOR OF PT. PINDAD RECEIVED HONORABLE MEDAL OF ACHIEVEMENT IN DEVELOPMENT FROM THE PRESIDENT OF INDONESIA". PT Pindad. Retrieved 2008-12-13.
- "Pindad P2".
- "PINDAD PS-01 Assault Pistol 5.56x21mm". The Firearm Blog. Retrieved 17 July 2011.
- "Pindad G2".
- "Pabrik Senjata di Bandung (2)". April 22, 2013.
- "Senapan Kelas Dunia Produksi Dalam Negeri". April 24, 2013.
- "Un repaso a las armas ligeras de Pindad" (in Spanish). ARMAS. Retrieved 2010-07-05.
- "Pindad SPR".