From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up ping in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Ping may refer to:
- Ping (networking utility), a computer network tool used to test whether a particular host is reachable across an IP network
- Ping, a pulse of sound in active sonar
- iTunes Ping, a social network for music that was once built into Apple iTunes
- Ping (blogging), used for blogs, RSS, and related web services
- PING (software), software for disk cloning or backup
- "Ping" is a pronunciation of PNG, short for Portable Network Graphics, a bitmap image format
- Jean Ping (born 1942), Gabonese diplomat and Chairperson of the Commission of the African Union
- Nimrod Ping (1947–2006), politician in Brighton, England
- Panfilo Morena "Ping" Lacson (born 1948), Filipino politician and current member of the Philippine Senate
Fictional characters 
- Ping, a domesticated Chinese duck lost on the Yangtze River, whose story is told in the illustrated book The Story about Ping first published in 1933
- Ping, a minor character in Seinfeld, an NBC sitcom
- Ping, a character in the webcomic Megatokyo
- Ping, the disguised identity of Hua Mulan in the animated film Mulan
- Ping the Elastic Man, a comic strip character introduced in The Beano in 1938
- "The machine that goes Ping!", a fictitious obstetric medical device featured in the film Monty Python's Meaning of Life
- Mr. Ping, a character in the film Kung Fu Panda
- Professor Ping, a character in the film Barbarella
- Pinging, the noise indicative of improper combustion (detonation rather than deflagration) in internal combustion engines
- Ping, (Traditional Chinese Character: 坪), a Taiwanese measure of area
- Ping, an ability in the trading card game Magic: The Gathering
- Ping project, a European Molecular Biology network (EMBnet) mean to evaluate network efficiency
- Ping River, a river in Thailand
- Ping (golf), a brand of golf club
- Ping (short story), a short story by Samuel Beckett
- Ping, an insulin pump model from Animas Corporation
- Ping (video gaming), slang for the network latency seen between a game player's computer and the game server (or another player)
See also 
- Pinghua, a Chinese dialect
- Ping.fm, a microblog social network
- Table tennis, a racquet sport also known as "Ping Pong"
- Pong, a video game simulating table tennis
- All pages beginning with "Ping"
- All pages with titles containing "Ping"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.