Pinguy OS 12.04 LTS x86_64
|Platforms||x86, x86-64, AMD64|
Pinguy OS is an Ubuntu-based distribution with many applications and tweaks installed by default, rather than having to manually install them like some other Linux distributions. Such software includes ZRam and Preload.
Pinguy OS "features numerous user-friendly enhancements, out-of-the-box support for multimedia codecs and browser plugins, a heavily tweaked GNOME user interface with enhanced menus, panels and dockbars, and a careful selection of popular desktop applications for many common computing tasks", according to Distrowatch.com.
The following features are found in the Pinguy OS distribution:
- Installation: Graphical (GUI)
- Default Desktop: modified GNOME 3 (as of 11.10)
- Package Management: DEB (Ubuntu Software Center and Synaptic Package Manager installed)
- Processor Architecture: i686, x86-64
- Journaled File Systems: ext3, ext4, JFS, ReiserFS, XFS
- Multilingual: Yes
The following is the release history for Pinguy OS
|Green||Current Stable release|
|Orange||Previous Beta release|
|Blue||Current Beta release|
|10.04.2||2011-02-12||LTS Point Release|
|10.04.3||2011-05-08||LTS Point Release|
|Ping-Eee OS 11.04.1||2011-07-08||Designed for Netbooks|
|14.04 Mini||2014-04-28||LTS Release|
Beta: The 6 month Pinguy OS releases will be missing features that will be in the final LTS, but the release will be very usable.
- "Pinguy OS 10.04.1.2". Retrieved 17 December 2011. (Page 1, paragraph 2) Antoni Norman explains why he created Pinguy OS.
- "DistroWatch.com: Pinguy OS". Retrieved 17 December 2011.
- "Pinguy OS - Ubuntu Forums". Retrieved 17 December 2011.
- "Pinguy OS 13.04 (Final, Yet Beta) Released With GNOME 3.8 ~ Web Upd8: Ubuntu / Linux blog". Retrieved 24 May 2013.
- "Pinguy OS". Retrieved 20 December 2011.
- / "Pinguy OS is 1 Years old today". Retrieved 17 December 2011.
- "Pinguy OS". Pinguy OS Files. Sourceforge. Retrieved 15 February 2012.
- "Download site for 32-bit and 64-bit Pinguy OS". Retrieved 17 December 2011.
|Find more about Pinguy_OS at Wikipedia's sister projects|
|Media from Commons|