Pink Panther and Sons
|Pink Panther and Sons|
|Created by||Friz Freleng|
|Directed by||Ray Patterson (Supervising)
|Voices of||Gregg Berger
|Theme music composer||Henry Mancini|
|Country of origin||USA|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||26|
|Executive producer(s)||William Hanna
|Producer(s)||David H. DePatie
|Original channel||NBC (1984-85)
|Original run||September 8, 1984– September 6, 1986|
|Preceded by||The Pink Panther Show|
|Followed by||The Pink Panther (1993 TV series)|
Pink Panther and Sons is an American animated Pink Panther television series produced by Hanna-Barbera Productions and MGM/UA Television. The series was originally broadcast on NBC from 1984 to 1985 and moved to ABC in 1986. The original Pink Panther cartoons were produced by DePatie-Freleng Enterprises, but in 1981 the studio was sold to Marvel Comics and renamed Marvel Productions. David DePatie and Friz Freleng served as producers for the series.
In a new twist to the Pink Panther franchise of theatrical and TV cartoons, the series centers on his two sons: Pinky, a pre-teen, and his brother Panky, a toddler, and their friends in the Rainbow Panthers crew (the pretty Chatta, fighting Rocko, gibbersh-talking Murfel, overalls-wearing Annie, and mixed-up-talking Punkin).
Each episode with the Rainbow Panthers coming together for friendship and fun as they learned all about growing up and caring each other as they take on the a group of lions called the Howl Angels.
- Pinky (voiced by Billy Bowles) - Pinky is a very polite young panther. Pinky generally ends up getting in the most danger in situations, such as turning six inches tall in one episode, and is the one who comes up with most of the ideas. He is in love with Chatta, a purple panther in the group.
- Panky (voiced by B.J. Ward) - Panky is Pinky`s little brother. His diaper is never tied correctly so he just holds it wherever he goes. Since he is still a toddler, he is considered very impressionable.
- Chatta (voiced by Sherry Lynn) - Chatta is a purple panther. She is in love with Pinky and often tries to impress him to win his affection.
- Murfel (voiced by Shane McCob) - Murfel is a green panther who wears an oversized knit cap. He muffles or mixes up everything that he says.
- Rocko (voiced by Frank Welker) - Rocko is a yellow panther who is very athletic. He is always seen sporting boxing gloves.
- Annie (voiced by Jeannie Elias) - Annie is an orange panther wearing overalls and is the most scientific of the group.
- Punkin (voiced by B.J. Ward) - Punkin is a blue panther who wears a baseball cap and a wooly jumper. He is rather dense.
- Pink Panther - He is the mute father of Pinky and Panky.
- Finko (voiced by Frank Welker) - Finko is the leader of the Howl Angels. He is a rival to Pinky and one time was babysitter to Panky at the time when Pinky and Chatta go to the movie on cinema.
- Howl (voiced by Marshall Efron) - Howl is a right-hand man to Finko.
- Liona (voiced by Jeannie Elias) - Liona is a lioness, she is tough but pretty, she has a crush on Pink Panther Rainbow club leader Pinky. She and Chatta fight for Pinky's affection.
- Bowlhead (voiced by Gregg Berger) -
- Buckethead (voiced by Sonny Melendrez) -
- Spinning Wheels -
- Pinky and the Bat - The Rainbow Panthers have a baseball battle with the Howl Angels.
- The Great Bumpo -
- Take a Hike -
- Haunted Howlers -
- Traders of the Lost Bark -
- Pink Enemy #1 -
- Pink Encounters of the Panky Kind -
- Millionaire Murfel -
- The Pursuit of Panky -
- Sitter Jitters - Pinky is going to the cinema with Chatta, and Finko must babysit Panky because he is too little for a scary movie.
- The Fix Up, Foul Up -
- Joking Genie - Pinky and Panky find a lamp that contains a genie.
- Panky's Pet -
- Punkin's Home Companion -
- Insanity Claus - A person dressed as Santa Claus ends up breaking into Pinky and Panky's house, and only Panky believes it to be the real Santa, and after having the person sent to jail, the gang find out he was right. It was the real Santa Claus getting a jump on Christmas that year.
- Rocko's Last Round -
- Sleeptalking Chatta -
- Pink Shrink - Annie's shrink machine causes Pinky to become six inches tall.
- The Pink Link - While the Pink Panther is preparing for a film festival, Pinky and Panky help to prepare their house for the arrival of Cousin Punky. Unbeknownst to them, they end up mistakening a defrosted prehistoric cat that was en route to a museum for Cousin Punky.
- Annie's Invention -
- Panky and the Angels - During a "top secret" meeting, the other members of the Rainbow Panthers do not allow Panky in. Thinking they're kicking him out or ignoring him, he decides to join up with the Howls Angels. However his time with them is cut short as well when Finko demands more money for dues then Panky has, so Panky decides to go and find his own clubhouse and decides on a train caboose (a possible shot at The Getalong Gang). When he somehow jars its brakes loose and goes rolling off uncontrollably, Pinky saves him. Panky then learns they were planning his birthday party in that meeting, hence why he wasn't allowed in.
- Arabian Frights -
- Brothers are Special -
- A Hard Day's Knight -
- Mister Money -
- Gregg Berger - Bowlhead
- Billy Bowles - Pinky
- Hamilton Camp
- Peter Cullen
- Rick Dees
- Marshal Efron
- Jeannie Elias - Annie, Liona
- Phil Hartman
- Sherry Lynn - Chatta
- Ralph James
- Tommy Lasorda
- Shane McCob - Murfel
- Sonny Melendrez - Buckethead
- Don Messick
- B.J. Ward - Panky, Punkin
- Frank Welker - Rocko, Finko
- William Windom
- "Saturday morning switching at NBC". Broadcasting: p. 72. 1984-04-16.