Pinoy True Stories
|Pinoy True Stories|
|Created by||ABS-CBN News & Current Affairs|
|Theme music composer||Reev Robledo|
|Opening theme||"Pinoy True Stories Theme"|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||255 (as of November 29, 2013)|
|Executive producer(s)||Myra Afable-Chavez, Karen Pasion-Namora, Joseph Ryan Aquino, Donna Cueto, Choi Recaido|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original run||December 3, 2012– Present|
Pinoy True Stories is a collective title for the five different weekday docu-news magazine programs airing on ABS-CBN. ABS-CBN’s broadcast journalists will tackle real-life accounts of Filipinos and help in solving problems that affect the communities and families nationwide. Each of the five programs airs every Mondays to Fridays at 4:45 PM (PST).
- Julius Babao (for Bistado)
- Doris Bigornia (for Mutya ng Masa)
- Karen Davila (for My Puhunan; formerly for Engkwentro)
- Anthony Taberna (for Tapatan ni Tunying; formerly for Demandahan)
- Atom Araullo (for Hiwaga)
- Maan Macapagal (for Saklolo)
- Dominic Almelor (for Saklolo)
In Bistado (No Longer Secret), Julius Babao opens the week action-packed to uncover cases of abuse, neglect or cruelty, as well as corrupt practices in the government and the various modus operandi of criminals. The segment airs every Monday.
- Mutya ng Masa
In Mutya ng Masa (or Pearl of the Masses), Doris Bigornia talks about simple interests, problems and difficulties, and easy sources of happiness that a normal Filipino encounters everyday. The segment airs every Tuesday.
- My Puhunan
In My Puhunan (or My Investment), Karen Davila talks about business and employees. The segment airs every Wednesday.
- Tapatan ni Tunying
In Tapatan ni Tunying (or One-on-one with Tunying), Anthony Taberna interviews politicians and personalities. The segment airs every Thursday.
In Engkwentro (Encounter), Karen Davila mediates between clashing parties in relationships, families and neighborhoods to help them resolve their conflicts and reach an agreement. The segment formerly airs every Tuesday.
In Saklolo (Help/Rescue), news reporters Maan Macapagal and Dominic Almelor, meanwhile, lend a hand to people stuck in accidents, calamity or the cycle of maltreatment. The segment formerly airs every Wednesday.
In Demandahan (Accusing Each Other in Court), Anthony Taberna provides the public legal help and advice to help solve the most problematic disputes in court. The segment formerly airs every Thursday.
- "Pinoy True Stories today on ABS-CBN". The Philippine Star. December 3, 2012. Retrieved July 16, 2013.
- "ABS-CBN launches 5 new shows via 'Pinoy True Stories'". ABS-CBN News. November 30, 2012. Retrieved July 16, 2013.
- Salve Asis (December 2, 2012). "Asian Music Awards dineklarang best Asian artist si Sarah!" (in Filipino). The Philippine Star. Retrieved July 16, 2013.
- "Kuwento ng kababalaghan ibubunyag" (in Filipino). The Philippine Star. December 7, 2012. Retrieved July 16, 2013.
- "Mutya ng Masa bagong katuwang sa buhay ng masang Pilipino" (in Filipino). The Philippine Star. July 16, 2013. Retrieved July 16, 2013.