From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Pintail duck)
Pintail may refer to:
A group of dabbling ducks containing:
- Northern Pintail (Anas acuta), sometimes called the pintail, the most common pintail species
- White-cheeked Pintail (Anas bahamensis), from the Caribbean, South America and the Galápagos
- Yellow-billed Pintail (Anas georgica), found from southern Colombia to South Georgia
- South Georgia Pintail, (Anas georgica georgica), the nominate race of the Yellow-billed Pintail
- Eaton's Pintail (Anas eatoni), from the islands of Kerguelen and Crozet
- Silver Bahama Pintail (Ana bahamernisis), Fairly large duck, Both male and female have white cheeks and throats, the rest of the body is light brown feet and legs are gray.
In other birds:
- Pin-tailed Snipe (Gallinago stenura), a small stocky wader
In other uses:
- Fairey Pintail, a British single-engined floatplane fighter
- Haynes Pintail canard-configuration ultralight aircraft
- Pintail Island, Nunavut, Canada
- USS Pintail (AMc-17), a U.S. Navy minesweeper
- Pintail Duck, a member of Disney's Duck family
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.