Pioneer Acres Museum
|Pioneer Acres Museum|
|Location||Irricana, Alberta, Canada|
Pioneer Acres Museum is a museum located north of Irricana, Alberta, in Canada. The museum is located in Rocky View County in southern Alberta. Pioneer Acres is situated on 50 acres of land and includes over a dozen buildings. Pioneer Acres is at the north end of Irricana, Alberta only a 45 minute drive north-east of Calgary.
Pioneer Acres and its dedicated volunteers actively preserve, display, and demonstrate equipment and artifacts that were used by the pioneers of Western Canada.
A farm machinery and pioneer artifacts museum. The collection of operating farm machinery is on display throughout the summer. There is a historic house, school, blacksmith shop, steam building, stationary engine building and two antique truck buildings. A detailed listing of events can be found by visiting the website.
44th Annual Show & Reunion - August 9, 10, & 11, 2013 - The Old Time Show Where There's Always Something New - Enjoy Three Days of Unique Exhibits and Demonstrations - featuring: Allis-Chalmers Tractors and Equipment.
- Pioneer World - features memorabilia from the pioneer era
- The Pole Shed - display of stationary engines and threshing machines
- Artifact Storage Building
- Members Buildings
- Stationary Steam Engine Building
- Blacksmith Shop
- Historic Long House - built in 1914
- Red Barn - display of horse drawn equipment, also used for horses during events
- Crown School - school building from 1905
- Ray Howden Building - tractors, furniture and tools
- Pioneer Truck Museum - antique trucks
- Bunkhouse & Cook Car - early mobile buildings
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pioneer Acres Museum.|
|This article about a building or structure in Alberta is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a museum in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|