Pioneer Venus project
The Pioneer Venus Orbiter continued to transmit data until October 1992 after entering orbit around Venus in 1978, while the Pioneer Venus Multiprobe deployed four small probes into the Venusian atmosphere before entering the atmosphere itself. The program was managed by NASA's Ames Research Center.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pioneer Venus project.|
- NASA: Pioneer Venus Project Information
- Pioneer Venus Program Page by NASA's Solar System Exploration
- NSSDC Master Catalog: Spacecraft Pioneer Venus Probe Bus. (Other components of the mission have their own pages at this site too.)
- Several articles in Science (1979), 205, pages 41-121
- Kasprzak, W. T - The Pioneer Venus Orbiter: 11 years of data. (May 1, 1990) - NASA