Pipe Creek Township, Miami County, Indiana
|Pipe Creek Township|
Farmland in Pipe Creek Township
Location in Miami County
|Organized||6 September 1843|
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||25.59 sq mi (66.3 km2)|
|• Land||25.33 sq mi (65.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.26 sq mi (0.7 km2) 1.02%|
|Elevation||758 ft (231 m)|
|• Density||248.5/sq mi (95.9/km2)|
|ZIP codes||46914, 46932, 46970|
|GNIS feature ID||0453742|
Pipe Creek Township is one of fourteen townships in Miami County, Indiana, United States. As of the 2010 census, its population was 6,294 and it contained 2,936 housing units. The north three-quarters of Grissom Joint Air Reserve Base is in the southwest corner of the township.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 25.59 square miles (66.3 km2), of which 25.33 square miles (65.6 km2) (or 98.98%) is land and 0.26 square miles (0.67 km2) (or 1.02%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
The township contains these four cemeteries: Garnand, Leonda, Metzger and Springdale.
Airports and landing strips
- Weed Field Airport
- Maconaquah School Corporation
- Indiana's 5th congressional district
- State House District 23
- State House District 24
- State Senate District 18
- "Pipe Creek Township, Miami County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-29.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Stephens, John H. (1896). "Pipe Creek Township". History of Miami County. Peru, Indiana: The John H. Stephens Publishing House.
- Bodurtha , Arthur Lawrence (1914). History of Miami County, Indiana: A Narrative Account of Its Historical Progress, Its People and Its Principal Interests. Lewis Pub. p. 139.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Pipe Creek Township
|Tipton Township, Cass County||Washington Township|
|Jackson Township, Cass County||Deer Creek Township||Clay Township|