Piqua is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in Woodson County, Kansas, United States. Its population was 107 as of the 2010 census.
Piqua had its start in the year 1882 by the building of the railroad through that territory. It was named after the city of Piqua, Ohio.
The first post office in Piqua was established in March 1882.
Latitude of Piqua is 37.922N and longitude is -95.535W. Piqua is located on U.S. Route 54 and is east of U.S. Route 75.
- Buster Keaton (1895–1966), acclaimed actor and film director. He was born in Piqua while his mother was traveling.
- Fred Kipp, Major league baseball pitcher between 1957-1960 with the Dodgers and Yankees.
- ^ "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- ^ a b "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- ^ a b "Piqua, Kansas". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- ^ Blackmar, Frank Wilson (1912). Kansas: A Cyclopedia of State History, Volume 2. Standard Publishing Company. p. 479.
- ^ "Profile for Piqua, Kansas". ePodunk. Retrieved 28 June 2014.
- ^ "Kansas Post Offices, 1828-1961". Kansas Historical Society. Retrieved 27 June 2014.
- ^ Rand McNally, The Road Atlas '05, Skokie: Rand McNally & Company, 2005.