Pirate Party of Greece
|Pirate Party of Greece|
|Leader||Has no leader, but a management board.|
|Founded||January 14, 2012|
|Membership||1165 members (on 17/05/2014), but not all of them have voting rights. Only those who paid their annual subscription are allowed to vote.|
|International affiliation||Pirate Parties International|
|European affiliation||European Pirate Party|
|Politics of Greece
The Pirate Party of Greece (Greek: Κόμμα Πειρατών Ελλάδας) is a political party in Greece. Based on the model of the Swedish Pirate Party, it supports reform of copyright law, the abolition of patents, and respect for privacy.
The party was founded on 14 January 2012. It was officially recognised on 10 February 2012, and had 480 members on that date.
May/June Legislative Elections 2012
On 6 May Greek legislative election, 2012 the party managed to present candidates in 31 of the 56 constituencies and secured 0.51% (32,484) of the total votes. Out of 32 parties, the Pirate Party came 19th. In the June 2012 election the party received 0.23% of the vote (14,169), coming 14th out of 21 parties.
European Elections 2014
On 25 May 2014 the party participated in the European elections in a coalition with Ecologist Greens. The coalition received 0,90% (51.573) of the vote. Noted that Ecologist Greens (standalone with no coalition and before their breakup in two separate parties) received in the May 2012 election 2,93% (185.366) of the vote, and in the June 2012 election 0.88% (54.420) of the vote. Their second half, Prasinoi participated separately in the European elections and received 0.50% (28,460 votes).
- "Greek pirates willing to "sail" in the local political ocean".
- Αρχές-Πρόγραμμα (in Greek). Pirateparty.gr.
- Το Κόμμα των Πειρατών πήρε θέση στην πολιτική ζωή της Ελλάδας (in Greek).
- "Pirates of the world united in Prague at the Pirate Parties International conference 2012".
- "Parliamentary Elections May 2012" (in Greek). Greek Ministry of Interior.
- "Parliamentary Elections June 2012" (in Greek). Greek Ministry of Interior.
- "European Elections May 2014" (in Greek). Greek Ministry of Interior.
|This article about a Greek political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|