Pirate Party of Catalonia
|Pirates of Catalonia|
|Pirates de Catalunya|
|Secretary-General||Ester Galimany Guasch|
|Spokesperson||Kenneth Peiruza Cerdán|
|Founded||4 October 2010|
|Youth wing||Grumets Pirates|
|Ideology||Pirate politics, freedom of Information, protection of privacy, copyright and patent reform, transparency of government, direct democracy|
|International affiliation||Pirate Parties International|
|Politics of Spain
Pirates of Catalonia (Catalan: Pirates de Catalunya, PIRATA.CAT) is a political party in the Catalonia region of Spain. The party is based on the model of the Swedish Pirate Party and is a member of the Pirate Parties International, it supports intellectual property reform, open access to culture and knowledge, transparency and Direct Democracy.
The party was founded in August 2010 and was officially registered as a political party in October. The party contested for the first time in an election for the 2010 Catalan election, held on 28 November 2010, where it got 6.489 votes (0,21%). The party held its first assembly on December 22, 2010 in Barcelona.
May 2011 Local Elections
The party ran candidates in local elections in May 2011. It gained two municipal councillors, one in Sant Fruitós de Bages and another in Santa Coloma de Gramenet. They tripled results in Barcelona, from 1767 votes (0.25%) to 4659 (0.77%). In Hospitalet they increased from 0.24% to 0.99%. In Lleida from 0.23% to 0.80%. In Mataró of 0.20% to 1.19% and Mollet, from 0.20% to 0.83%
|Hospitalet de Llobregat||837||0,99%||0|
|Mollet del Vallès||144||0,83%||0|
|Santa Coloma de Gramanet (2)||2.575||6,65%||1|
|Sant Fruitós de Bages (3)||384||11,66%||1|
(1) In the candidates list of Candidatura d'Unitat Popular.
(2) In coalition with Gent de Gramenet.
(3) In coalition with Imagina't Sant Fruitós - AM.
- "Què és PIRATA.CAT?". pirata.cat/bloc (in Catalan). November 29, 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-29.
- "El Partit Pirata anirà a les eleccions catalanes". vilaweb.cat (in Catalan). August 24, 2010. Retrieved 2010-12-28.
- "Ja som oficials!". pirata.cat/bloc (in Catalan). October 5, 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-01.
- "Parlament de Catalunya 2010 - Resultats provisionals - Catalunya". parlament2010resultats.cat (in Catalan). November 28, 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-29.
- "Resultats primera assemblea general". pirata.cat/bloc (in Catalan). December 24, 2010. Retrieved 2010-12-28.
- "Resultats may 2011". pirata.cat/bloc (in Catalan). May 23, 2011. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pirates de Catalunya.|