||This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. (October 2012)|
Prof. Pirouz Mojtahedzadeh (born 9 February 1946) is a renowned Iranian political scientist and historian. Prof. Pirouz Mojtahedzadeh is a prominent Iranologist, geopolitics researcher, historian and political scientist. He teaches geopolitics at the Tarbiat Modares University of Tehran. He has been the advisor of the United Nations University . Mojtahedzadeh has published more than 20 books in Persian, English and Arabic on the geopolitics of Persian Gulf region and modern discourses in international relations. Since 2004, he has been a member of the Academy of Persian Language and Literature. Moreover, he has been a member of the British Institute of Iranian Studies since 1993. Prof. Mojtahedzadeh earned a Ph.D. in Political Geography from the University of London in 1993 and also obtained a Ph.D. in Political Geography from the University of Oxford in 1979. Mojtahedzadeh is currently a professor of geopolitics at Tarbiat Modares University. He is a member of Campaign Against Sanctions and Military Intervention in Iran (CASMII) UK. On 4 July 2007, he made a presentation regarding Iran's energy needs and its nuclear energy program at a conference at the European Parliament organised by the European Greens–European Free Alliance.
- Ph.D. in Political Geography University of London 1990-1993
- D.Phil in Political Geography University of Oxford 1976-1979
- M.A. in Political Geography University of London, transferred to Manchester and Oxford universities 1974-1976
- B.A. in Human and Economic Geography University of Tehran 1967-1971
- Chairman: Urosevic Research Foundation of London 1985–2011
- Visiting Professor: University of Tehran 1997-1999
- Professor of Political Geography and Geopolitics: Tarbiat Modarres University (Tehran) 1999–present
- Senior Research Associate, Geopolitics & International Boundaries Research Centre, SOAS/ University of London 1986–present
- Consultant of United Nations University 1995-1996
- Member of the Board, Society for contemporary Iranian Studies, University of London
- Member of the British Institute of Persian Studies, London
- 2007 Boundary Politics and International Boundaries of Iran, Universal Publishers, USA
- 2007 The UAE and Iranian Islands of Tunbs and Abu Musa, Institute International d’ Etudes Strategique, Paris
- 2004 Small Players of the Great Game, Routledge/Curzon, London
- 1999 London and 2002 New York, Security and Territoriality in The Persian Gulf - A Maritime Political Geography, Curzon Press, London.
- 1996 The Amirs of Borderlands and Eastern Iranian Borders, Urosevic Research Foundation, London.
- 1995 The Islands of Tunb and Abu Musa, CNMES/SOAS Occasional Paper Publication, University of London.
- 1992 The Changing World Order and the Geopolitical Regions of The Persian Gulf and Caspian - Central Asia, Urosevic Foundation, London.
- 1991 Political Geography of the Strait of Hormuz, CNMES/SOAS Occasional Paper Publication, University of London.
- "Iran: Alternatives to escalation". European Greens–European Free Alliance. 2007. Archived from the original on 2009-06-06. Retrieved 2009-06-06.
- Mojtahedzadeh, Pirouz (2007-07-04). "Iran needs nuclear energy for its economic survival". Tehran Times. Archived from the original on 2009-06-06. Retrieved 2009-06-06.