||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (February 2013)|
|Born||Ali Ismayilfiruz, علی اسماعيل فيروز
16 May 1965
|Citizenship||Iran, Azerbaijan, Canada|
|Political party||South Azerbaijan National Liberation Movement (SANLM) or (CAMAH)|
Dilanchi's scientific, literary, social, and political articles have been published in publications such as Yeni Musavat, Keyhan, Azadliq, 525-ci qezet, Edebiyyat ve Incesenet, Ettelaat in Iran and Azerbaijan.
He was arrested and tortured for his views and for participating in left wing organizations by the Iranian government after the revolution. He fled to Azerbaijan SSR in 1990 to escape persecution.
In 1991, he created a section in the newspaper "Literature and art" named "Literary Tabriz", which was included in every issue for a year. Later, at the initiative of Pirouz Dilanchi, a number of programs with names such as "Araz-South literature"” and "Shahriyar-South literature" were shown on Azerbaijan State Television.
An idea of "Separation of Iran" belongs to Piruz Dilanchi which was brought to attention of the government officials in Azerbaijan by him. Because of his idea, Piruz Dilanchi became the most dangerous political figure for Iranian Government between 1994-2001. He has been a victim of different attacks by Iranian Government since he became very popular and important political figure acting against Iran. Even once a special terrorist group from Iran attacked him midnight in his apartment in Baku trying to kill him. After the attack terrorist group were able to escape before Azerbaijan Intelligence Officers came to the place of incident along with Azerbaijan Police.
Dilanchi collected about 3000 signatures in 2000 and suggested his candidacy to the Azerbaijan Republic Parliament in order to participate in the next election. His candidacy was officially registered but was denied before the elections by pressure from the mafia responsible for elections. Central Elections Committee ignored the registered candidacy of Dilanchi, citing unfair and contradicting pretexts.
Dilanchi was kidnapped by an unknown group in front of his house on 5 December in 2002. As a result of pressure, the media kept his location secret for 21 days, however, the Press Secretary of the Internal Affairs Ministry declared that he was in jail. After being kept some weeks in the cold underground in inhumane conditions, P. Dilanchi was sent to Shuvalan prison. After 38 days in prison, having been arrested without reason, he was allowed to be transferred to house arrest. After three months, he was freed.
- http://dlib.ical.ir/site/catalogue/261029 National library of Iran - Library, Museum and Document Center of The Parliament of Iran
- http://www.worldcat.org/title/farhang-i-lughat-i-mutashabih-dar-zaban-va-adabiyat-i-azarbayjan-bi-inzimam-i-mukhtasari-az-aham-nikat-i-dasturi/oclc/039523497 Similar vocabulary of the language and literature of Azerbaijan
- http://books.google.ca/books?id=wIQ6ygAACAAJ Google Books
- http://www.lib.ir/LibView/DocView.aspx?did=HPWwWwHBHBAPHPWwBFDHPHPZAPAP Nabi Khazri - Poems
- http://188.8.131.52:8000/cgi-bin/gw_2010_1_3/chameleon?sessionid=2010101223275403543&skin=azl&lng=az&inst=consortium&host=localhost%2B2222%2BDEFAULT&patronhost=localhost%202222%20DEFAULT&searchid=34&sourcescreen=INITREQ&pos=1&itempos=1&rootsearch=SCAN&function=INITREQ&search=AUTHID&authid=580160&authidu=1003 Əli İsmayıl Firuz Sümərin
- http://www.worldcat.org/title/nabi-xazri-secilmis-asarlar/oclc/038902514 Nabi Khazri - Piruz Dilanchi
- http://www.worldcat.org/title/muasir-azarbaycan-sairlarindan-qanl-nagmalar/oclc/49572276&referer=brief_results معاصر آذربايجان شاعيرلريندن قانلی نغمه لر
- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=au%3AS%CC%B2amari%CC%84n%2C+%CA%BBAli%CC%84+Isma%CC%84%CA%BBi%CC%84l+Fi%CC%84ru%CC%84z.&qt=hot_author Search results for Piruz Dilanchi's books from WorldCat
- http://www.noormags.com/view/fa/articlepage/14809 کیهان فرهنگی » مهر 1367 - شماره 55
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:House_of_Commons.gif Canada's House of Commons Citizenship for Piruz Dilenchi
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4njVhzHyYw4 Azerbaijan (AzTv Shahriyar Proqrami - Piruz Dilənçi)
- http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/594537.stm The head of the National Liberation Movement of Southern Azerbaijan, Piruz Dilenchy...
- http://www.gunaskam.com/eng/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=140&Itemid=44 The Islamic Republic and the Independence of the North - By: Dr. Nissman is an adjunct professor at Georgetown University and the author of "The Soviet Union and Iranian Azerbaijan" (Westview, 1987).
- http://www.ecoi.net/local_link/180962/298257_de.html Liberation Army of Azerbaijan (Liberation Army of Southern Azerbaijan) (January 1998 - August 2001) believed to have been formed in 1993 in Iran [IRN37710.E] - IRB - Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada
- http://www.azertimes.com/?page_id=56#SouthAz The Azer Times
- http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/library/news/iran/2001/33-030901.html An unknown number of people broke into the Baku apartment of Piruz Dilanchi, leader of the irredentist National Liberation Movement of Southern Azerbaijan, on 22 August and tried to kill him, Turan reported. Azerbaijan's National Security Ministry arrested on 18 August six clerics residing in a district bordering Iran on suspicion of cooperating with Iran's Ministry of Intelligence and Security, Turan News Agency reported two days later. Moreover, Baku's former ambassador to Tehran, Aliyar Safarli, alleged that Iran is funding some Azerbaijani political parties and also paying off some government officials, "Yeni Musavat" reported on 2 August
- http://www.rferl.org/content/article/1342844.html IRANIAN INTELLIGENCE ACTIVITIES IN AZERBAIJAN
- http://iranexpert.tripod.com/2001/azeri3september.htm IranExpert
- http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Release_the_Pirouz_Dilenchi.jpg The decision of the Ministry of Justice to release the Pirouz Dilenchi
- http://sanlm.org/Archive/14_January_2003-Sherq-Piruz_Dilanchi.jpg "East News" 14 January 2003: About Piruz Dilanchi's Kidnapping
- http://sanlm.org/Archive/15_February_2003_Xalq-Cebhesi_Piruz-Dilanchi.jpg "Popular Front News" 15 February 2003: About Piruz Dilanchi's Kidnapping
- http://sanlm.org/Archive/18_January_2003-Yeni_Musavat-Baku.jpg "Yeni Musavat Newspaper" 18 January 2003: About Piruz Dilanchi's Kidnapping
- Official website
- Republic of Azerbaijan Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Piruz Dilanci, a leader of the National Liberation Movement of Southern Azerbaijan (NLMSA) and a well-known poet...
- The Armenian-Iran Relationship (A book published by ESISC - European Strategic Intelligence and Security Center on 17 January 2013) Page 39: Azerbaijan also accused Iran of having ordered the killing of Iranian Azeri leader Piruz Dilanci, who was living in Baku139. It is lastly worth mentioning that Iran also expressed his deep discontent over the efforts of the Azerbaijani authorities to organize a diaspora trough the World Azerbaijani Congress.
- The head of the National Liberation Movement of Southern Azerbaijan Piruz Dilanci, has been arrested.
- It was not just the Caspian Sea crisis that preoccupied Tehran. On August 22, in the midst of concerns with the Kurds, Turks, Israelis and Americans, the Azeri question again came to the fore. On that day there was a failed assassination attempt on Piruz Dilanci, leader of the National Liberation Movement of Southern Azerbaijan (NLMSA), at his home in Baku. Dilanci did not rule out that the assassination attempt might have been organized by Tehran's agents. (29) The NLMSA was organized in the early 1990s by a group of political emigres from Iran of Azeri origin. The NLMSA declared its principal goal was the independence of Southern Azerbaijan, i.e., Iran-Azerbaijan...
- Azerbaijan also accused Iran of having ordered the killing of Iranian Azeri leader Piruz Dilanci, who was living in Baku. It is lastly worth mentioning that Iran also expressed his deep discontent over the efforts of the Azerbaijani authorities to organize a diaspora trough the World Azerbaijani Congress...
- Nuray Hafiftash - "O gelende" (music: Eldar Mansurov, Piruz Dilenchi)
- Representatives of the National Liberation Movement of Southern Azerbaijan (NLMSA) in different countries have issued a statement in connection with the arrest of the head of the organization's Baku office, Piruz Dilanci...
- Azerbaijanian Music - Girls, Eldar Mansurov, Piruz Dilenchi
- Piruz Dilanci has been arrested
- Azerbaijanian Music - Veten Saqolsun, Eldar Mansurov, Piruz Dilenchi
- Russian Military-Security Media Coverage: Piruz Dilanci, has recently been attacked by employees of the Iranian Embassy at Baku's Bina airport. Ezzatollah Jalali, Ali Mehri and others were among the attackers. The incident was stopped due to police intervention...
- Azerbaijanian Music - Bes hardasan sevgilim (Piruz Dilenchi, Teymur Mustafayev)
- The South Azerbaijan National Liberation Movement is about to hold its next, 3rd in turn Congress in Baku.The press office of the movement told AssA-Irada that the organisation has commissioned its Baku representative Piruz Dilanci with talking with the Azerbaijani government over getting permission to venue place...