Pittsburg / Bay Point (BART station)
|Pittsburg / Bay Point|
The front exterior of the Pittsburg / Bay Point BART Station
|Address||1700 West Leland Road
Pittsburg, CA 94565
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Parking||1992 spaces- Monthly Reserved, Daily ($1.50/day), Extended Weekend (free), Midday (free after 3pm), Carpool, and Long Term.|
|Bicycle facilities||20 Lockers|
|Opened||December 7, 1996|
|Owned by||Bay Area Rapid Transit|
|Passengers (FY 2010)||4,792 exits/day 6.08%|
Pittsburg / Bay Point is a Bay Area Rapid Transit station in the town of Bay Point, California. As the terminal station of the Pittsburg / Bay Point – SFO Line, it serves all of northern and eastern Contra Costa County, including the cities of Pittsburg, Antioch, Oakley and Brentwood, as well as the Sacramento River Delta.
The station opened on December 7, 1996. The eBart extension was a under construction DMU train from Pittsburg / Bay Point to the cities of Pittsburg, Oakley, Antioch, Byron, Brentwood and Discovery Bay. As of 2010 the extension is under construction with the first phase to include stations in Pittsburg/Railroad Avenue and Antioch/Hillcrest Avenue. This station is in BART District 2 and is represented by Joel Keller. In May 2008 a Library-a-Go-Go machine was added at this station, it is a vending machine that offers library books from the Contra Costa County Library system. This was BART's first book vending machine and the first on a transit system in the nation.
A child was born in the parking lot of the station on November 26, 2012.
Several Tri Delta Transit bus lines stop at the station:
- 200 (Weekdays only)
- 201 (Weekdays only) Local service to Bay Point and Express Service to Concord BART
- 300 (Weekdays only) Express Bus to Hillcrest Park and Ride Lot in Antioch, Oakley and Brentwood
- 380 (Weekdays only)
- 387 (Weekdays only)
- 388 (Weekdays only)
- 389 (Weekdays only)
- 390 (Weekdays only)
- 391 (Weekdays only)
- 392 (Weekends and holidays only)
- 393 (Weekends and holidays only)
- 394 (Weekends and holidays only)
- 52 (Everyday)
- "BART Fiscal Year Weekday Average Exits". Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART). Retrieved 14 July 2010.
- East Contra Costa BART Extension (eBART), BART. 2010. Accessed 11-12-2010.
- Bay Area Rapid Transit District Biography, BART.gov, retrieved January 23, 2008
- Library-a-Go-Go comes to El Cerrito del Norte BART Station
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pittsburg/Bay Point BART station.|
|This article relating to rapid transit systems in San Francisco is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|