|Type||Subsidiary of EMC Corporation|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California|
|Key people||Rob Mee, CEO
Sherry Erskine, CFO
Pivotal Labs is an agile software development consulting firm with headquarters in San Francisco and offices in Manhattan and Boulder, Colorado. Pivotal is a wholly owned subsidiary of EMC Corporation.
Pivotal promotes Ruby on Rails, pair programming, test-driven development and behavior driven development. Clients include Groupon, Best Buy, EMI Music, Zendesk, Mavenlink, Twitter, and Urban Dictionary.
The company was founded in 1989 by Rob Mee and Sherry Erskine. In 2008, Pivotal Labs released Pivotal Tracker, which it had been using as their internal project management and collaboration software, to the Ruby on Rails community. That year, Pivotal Tracker won the Jolt Product Excellence Award in the Project Management category. In March 2012, Pivotal Labs was acquired by EMC.
Pivotal Tracker Project Screenshot
- "Inside Pivotal Labs, the Agile Force Behind Twitter and Groupon". GigaOM. Retrieved 2010-10-07.
- "Pivotal Labs Team". Pivotal Labs.
- "Pivotal Labs Wins Prestigious 2008 Jolt Award". newsblaze.com. Retrieved 2009-03-17.
- "EMC Acquires Pivotal Labs". EMC. Retrieved 2012-03-12.
- "Pivotal Tracker: The iPod of project management software". venturehacks.com. Retrieved 2008-11-12.
- "Pivotal Tracker API". Pivotal Labs.
- "Pivotal Tracker Third Party Tools". Pivotal Labs.