Place Vendôme (film)
|Directed by||Nicole Garcia|
|Produced by||Alain Sarde|
|Written by||Jacques Fieschi
Jean-Pierre Bacri Emmanuelle Seigner
|Editing by||Luc Barnier
|Distributed by||AMLF France
Empire Pictures Inc. US
|Running time||117 minutes|
Vincent Malivert is the head of a prestigious jewel broker’s firm on the exclusive Place Vendôme. Hampered by debt and implicated in trafficking of stolen jewels, he commits suicide, leaving his wife Marianne to pick up the pieces.
Marianne, who has spent the last few years in a clinic recovering from alcoholism, discovers a set of perfect cut diamonds in her husband’s safe. She decides to use this opportunity to rebuild her life and sets about trying to find a buyer for the forgotten jewels. Unwittingly, she is drawn to a shady dealer named Battistelli, the very man who drove her into a disastrous and loveless marriage.
- Catherine Deneuve as Marianne Malivert
- Jean-Pierre Bacri as Jean-Pierre
- Emmanuelle Seigner as Nathalie
- Jacques Dutronc as Battistelli
- Bernard Fresson as Vincent Malivert
- François Berléand as Eric Malivert
- Dragan Nikolic as Janos
- Larry Lamb as Christopher Makos
- Otto Tausig as Samy
- Julian Fellowes
In the New York Times, David Kehr writes that "despite its many flaws, the film never loses its focus on its fascinating central figure. Grandly suffering, grandly triumphant or just plain grand, Ms. Deneuve is a spectacle to behold."
- "Place Vendome (1998): For Deneuve, a Setting In Which She Sparkles". New York Times. Retrieved 28 March 2013.
- Place Vendôme at the Internet Movie Database
- Place Vendôme at allmovie
- Place Vendôme at Rotten Tomatoes
- Place Vendôme at Metacritic
- Place Vendôme at Box Office Mojo
|This article related to a French film of the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|