Placebo Effect (band)
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (October 2012)|
The band was formed in the late 1980s by Axel Machens, Christoph Kunze, and Achim Windel. They have an early electro-industrial sound which has been credited as the inspiration of several other industrial bands like Front Line Assembly.
In 1995, Placebo Effect parted ways, but Machens has teamed up with Ecki Stieg to form the side project "Accessories" and cut an album entitled Vendetta.
In 1999, Machens also performed his solo-project called "Breathe" and cut The Laughing Dolls EP and several single mixes. Breathe live performances also consist of keyboardists Sascha Garthof and Daniel Sachse, and drummer Nick Zärban.
In 2011,as part of the Infacted Recordings classics collection, Gargoyles & Galleries was re-mastered and released worldwide limited to 1000 copies. Tracks 1-14 were originally released as the 1992 debut album "Galleries of Pain". Tracks 15 to 18 were originally released as the 1990 demotape "Gargoyles".
Placebo Effect played live at the Wave Gotik Treffen Leipzig on 07.06.2014 there first live WGT concert since 2003. The band consisted of Axel Machens (vocals, synth, harmonizer, drum computer), Christoph Kunze (vocals, synth, sampler, percussions) and Achim Windel (vocals, sampler, sequencer, synth). The setlist included 2 new songs 'Nothing to Cry' and 'Slave'.
In 2014, Slashed Open Limited Deluxe Edition on Purple Vinyl. Handnumbered (500 copies) in Gatefold-Cover, plus two bonus tracks and one remix was released.
- Placebo Effect - Home Production (MC, 1989)
- Gargoyles - Danse Macabre (MC, 1990)
- Galleries of Pain - Danse Macabre (CD/LP/MC, 1992)
- Splashed Open - Pre-release EP Ausfahrt Records (1993)
- Slashed Open - EP Ausfahrt Records (1993)
- Manipulated Mind Control - CD Ausfahrt Records (1994)
- MCMLXXXIX-MCMXCV Past...Present - CD (collection 1989-1995) Ausfahrt Records (1996)
- Gargoyles & Galleries - Infacted Recordings (2011)
- Splashed Open - Limited Edition Purple Vinyl (2014)
- Official Techno Club Compilation Volume 2 - CD
- Electronic Techno Music - LP
- Danse Macabre Sampler I - CD Danse Macabre (1991)
- Danse Macabre Sampler II - CD Danse Macabre (1992)
- Celtic Circle Sampler Part I - CD Celtic Circle (1993)
- Electrocity Vol. 4 - CD Ausfahrt Records (1993)
- Moonraker - CD Sub Terranean (1994)
- Body Rapture 3 - CD Zoth Ommog (1994)
- Art and Dance Volume 5 - CD Gothic Arts (1994)
- We Came to Dance Vol. 3 - CD Sub Terranean (1994)
- Touched by the Hand of Goth Vol. II - CD Sub Terranean (1996)
|This article about a German electronic music band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|