Plainfield Public School District
|Plainfield Public School District|
|Business Administrator:||Gary L. Ottmann|
|Address:||504 Madison Avenue
Plainfield, NJ 07060
|Enrollment:||8,105 (as of 2010-11)|
|Faculty (in FTEs):||501.0|
|District Factor Group:||B|
| %± vs.
|10||Operations & Maintenance||2,384||95||1,787||33.4%|
|16||Median Teacher Salary||65,997||70||62,707|
|Data from NJDoE 2013 Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending.
*Of K-12 districts with more than 3,500 students. Lowest spending=1; Highest=106
The Plainfield Public School District is a comprehensive community public school district that serves students in pre-Kindergarten through twelfth grade from Plainfield, in Union County, New Jersey, United States. The district is one of 31 Abbott districts statewide, which are now referred to as "SDA Districts" based on the requirement for the state to cover all costs for school building and renovation projects in these districts under the supervision of the New Jersey Schools Development Authority.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "B", the second lowest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
- Elementary schools
- Barlow Elementary School (339; K-5)
- Cedarbrook Elementary School (575; K-8)
- Clinton Elementary School (329; K-8)
- Cook Elementary School (313; K-7)
- Emerson Community School (483; K-5)
- Evergreen Elementary School (555; K-5)
- Jefferson Elementary School (395; K-5)
- Stillman Elementary School (273; K-5)
- Washington Community School (565; PreK-5)
- Woodland Elementary School (266; K-5)
- Middle schools
- High school / academies
- Plainfield High School (1,392; 9-12)
- Barack Obama Academy for Academic & Civic Development (53; 9-12)
- Plainfield Academy for the Arts and Advanced Studies (160; 7-8, to be expanded to 7-12)
- Anna Belin-Pyles, Superintendent of Schools
- Gary L. Ottmann, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
- District information for the Plainfield School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed May 21, 2013.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- Abbott Districts, New Jersey Department of Education, backed up by the Internet Archiveas of May 15, 2009. Accessed August 14, 2012.
- What are SDA Districts?, New Jersey Schools Development Authority. Accessed August 14, 2012. "SDA Districts are 31 special-needs school districts throughout New Jersey. They were formerly known as Abbott Districts, based on the Abbott v. Burke case in which the New Jersey Supreme Court ruled that the State must provide 100 percent funding for all school renovation and construction projects in special-needs school districts.... The districts were renamed after the elimination of the Abbott designation through passage of the state’s new School Funding Formula in January 2008."
- SDA Districts, New Jersey Schools Development Authority. Accessed August 14, 2012.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed October 27, 2009.
- Data for the Plainfield Public School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed May 21, 2013.
- New Jersey School Directory for the Plainfield Public School District, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed May 21, 2013.
- PPS/Contact_Us.shtm Contact Us, Plainfield Public Schools. Accessed May 21, 2013.
- New Jersey School Directory, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed May 21, 2013.
- Plainfield Public School District
- Plainfield Public School District's 2012–13 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Data for the Plainfield Public School District, National Center for Education Statistics