|Origin||[ United States
Brooklyn, New York City
|Genres||Electro funk, freestyle, old school hip hop|
|Years active||1982–1984; 2006–present|
|Labels||Tommy Boy/Warner Bros. Records|
Planet Patrol is an American electro group originating in the 1980s. The members were Arthur Baker, John Robie, and a quintet of vocalists led by Herbert J. Jackson: lead singer Joseph Lites, Rodney Butler, Michael Anthony Jones, and the late Melvin Franklin. The group only produced a single album, the self-titled Planet Patrol in 1983, which peaked at #64 on the Billboard R&B Albums chart.
- Planet Patrol (1983) - Tommy Boy/Warner Bros. Records (01002)
A1 "Cheap Thrills"
A2 "Danger Zone"
A3 "I Didn't Know I Loved You (Till I Saw You Rock And Roll)"
B4 "Play at Your Own Risk" (Remix)
B5 "It Wouldn't Have Made Any Difference"
B6 "Don't Tell Me"
- "Play At Your Own Risk" (Tommy Boy/Warner Bros. Records 00825, 1982)
- "Cheap Thrills" (Tommy Boy/Warner Bros. Records 00834, 1983) - UK #64
- "I Didn't Know I Loved You (Till I Saw You Rock And Roll)" (Tommy Boy/Warner Bros. Records 00837, 1983)
- "Danger Zone" (Tommy Boy/Warner Bros. Records 00846, 1984)
- "Planet Patrol > Charts & Awards > Billboard Albums". Allmusic. Retrieved on October 12, 2009.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 266. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.