Planet Tad (novel)
|Author||Tim Carvell (Author)|
|May 8, 2012|
|Media type||Print (Hardback & e-book)|
Planet Tad consists of daily blog articles that discuss events of the day in Tad's life as well as random thoughts that he might have. The overlying arc of the story follows Tad's attempts to fulfill his New Year's resolutions, which involve him starting the blog, finishing seventh grade, learning to perform a kickflip on his skateboard, getting favorable attention from girls, and starting to shave.
Critical reception for Planet Tad was mixed. Kidzworld.com called it a "quick humorous read". Publishers Weekly and the Westend Times both praised the book, with the Westend Times citing its appeal to a wide age range as a positive feature. A reviewer for the New York Times wrote that the book did have an appeal but that it "only sometimes seems like the voice of an authentic 2012 seventh grader". Common Sense Media gave the book three stars, praising the book's funny moments while stating that Planet Tad was "heavy on consumer product and media references". Kirkus Reviews criticized the book, calling it "a phoned-in Diary of a Wimpy Kid wannabe" and "tedious".
- Anderson, Kurt. "New kids book from Daily Show writer looks at children and blogs". PRI. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Planet Tad, by Tim Carvell". Booklist. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Book Review: Planet Tad by Tim Carvell". Kidzworld.com. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Children's Review: Planet Tad". Publishers Weekly. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Planet Tad by Tim Carvell". Westend Times. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- Kois, Dan. "Boy Blogs World". New York Times. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Planet Tad". Common Sense Media. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Review: Planet Tad". Kirkus Reviews. Retrieved 4 August 2012.