|Number of issues||ongoing|
|Published in||June 2012|
Planetoid is a comic first released in June 2012 by Image Comics, written and drawn by Ken Garing. The main character is Silas, a deserter turned space pirate who ends up the sole survivor of his crew and crashes on a planetoid in alien territory, where he must fight off various mechanical creatures, cyborg militias, and the alien military which has a bounty on him.
In an interview with Comic Book Resources, Garing stated that he spent years working at improvements on Planetoid, then at a convention showed it to Image, who agreed to publish it. The first story arc is a 5-issue mini-series. The story is intended to continue to unfold in further mini-series and one-shots.
It was originally a miniseries available digitally through Graphicly.
Ain't It Cool News calls it "richly and beautifully illustrated" and states that Garing can make "beautiful art and an engaging story". Multiversity Comics praised "Ken Garing’s excellent artistic style" and calls him an "excellent sequential storyteller."
- Andy (2012-06-12). "Planetoid #1 Review". VGRevolution. Retrieved 2012-06-16.
- "What’s On Comic Book Stands – June 13th". Sciencefiction.com. 2012-06-12. Retrieved 2012-06-16.
- "Garing's "Planetoid" is a Real Space Case". Comic Book Resources. 2012-04-19. Retrieved 2012-06-16.
- "Ken Garing: Planetoid Notes". Ken Garing Blog. 2012-09-10. Retrieved 2012-12-01.
- Published Sunday, Feb 26 2012, 8:11am EST (2012-02-26). "'Planetoid' comes to print, no longer just on Graphicly - Comics News". Digital Spy. Retrieved 2012-06-16.
- "Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news". Aintitcool.com. Retrieved 2012-06-20.
|This Image Comics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|