From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up planing in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Planing may refer to:
- Planing (boat) or hydroplaning, a method by which a hull skims over the surface of the water
- Hydroplaning (tires), a loss of traction caused by a layer of water between the tires and the road surface
- Using a plane (tool) to smooth a flat surface of a piece of wood
- Operating a Planer (metalworking) to produce a flat surface
- Harmonic planing (music), chords that move in parallel motion, thereby eliminating any feeling of harmonic progression
- Scaling and root planing, the removal of dental plaque
- Planing (shaping), material removal process
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.