From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It may refer to:
- Vegan diet: a plant-based diet with no food from animal sources. The term veganism refers to the practice of abstaining from the use of animal products for any reason.
- Vegetarianism: a plant-based diet that may include eggs, milk, and cheese.
- Semi-vegetarianism: a plant-based diet with occasional inclusion of meat products.
- Macrobiotic diet: a plant-based diet with occasional seafood.
- Nutritarian: a person who eats as many micronutrients per calorie as possible, primarily from vegetables and fresh fruits, and avoids processed foods. 
- Starch-based diet: a plant-based diet deriving most of its calories from starchy vegetables, beans, and grains, and supplemented by other whole fruits and vegetables. 
- SOS-Free: a diet that is free of sugar, oil and salt, and is an additional characteristic of many that follow a plant-based diet.
- The China Study (2005)
- Forks over Knives (2011)
- Herbivore: an animal that is anatomically adapted to eat plants, not meat.
- Whole foods
- Saliva testing for assessing cardiovascular health benefit of plant-based diets
- Philip J Tuso, MD; Mohamed H Ismail, MD; Benjamin P Ha, MD; Carole Bartolotto, MA, RD. "Nutritional Update for Physicians: Plant-Based Diets." The Permanente Journal (Kaiser Permanente). 2013 Spring; 17(2):61-66.
- "The Plant Based Diet: A Healthier Way to Eat." Kaiser Permanente, 2013
- "Kaiser Permanente Plant-Based Diet to Prevent and Reverse Disease,"Kaiser Permanente, August 24, 2014.
- Encyclopedia of Human Nutrition, p.317
- Fuhrman, Joel (2003). Eat to Live: The Amazing Nutrient-Rich Program for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss.
- Dr. John McDougall. "Dr. McDougall’s Color Picture Book: Food Poisoning: How to Cure It by Eating Beans, Corn, Pasta, Potatoes, Rice, etc.." John A. McDougall. June 30, 2014.
- Jeff Novick, MS, RD, Is Your SOS Free Diet Really SOS Free? Identifying Hidden Sources of Salt/Sodium, Oil/Fat & Sugars/Sweeteners, July 31, 2013, Accessed November 8, 2014
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Plant-based diet.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.