From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up plant in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A plant is a living organism that generally does not move and absorbs nutrients from its surroundings.
Plant may also refer to:
- Chemical plant
- Physical plant, often just called "plant", a facility's infrastructure (i.e., "Plant Room")
- Any type of mobile construction machinery
- Another name for a factory (short for "manufacturing plant")
- Processing plant, in process manufacturing
In media and entertainment
- Plant (snooker), used in British English to refer to a type of combination shot
- The Plant (newspaper), student newspaper at Dawson College in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- PLANT, fictional organization in the anime series Gundam SEED and its sequel
- The Plants, a 1950s doo-wop group
- Record Plant recording studios, located at The Plant, in the Sausalito, California
- The Plant (TV film), a 1995 TV film
- Henry B. Plant (1819–1899), American railroad manager
- Richard Plant (writer) (1910–1998), German-born American writer
- Robert Plant (born 1948), lead singer of Led Zeppelin
- Plant (person), anyone assigned to behave as a member of the public during a covert operation (as in a police investigation)
- Plant (professional wrestling), a person hired to pose as a fan who may become involved in the events
- Plant, the creative member of a team in the Belbin Team Inventory
- Plant, a term used for a shill in the U.K.
In other uses
- Plant (control theory), a notion in control theory
- Plant System, a system of railroads in the American southeast, managed by Henry B. Plant
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Plant.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.