|Type||Professional Limited Liability Company|
|Founders||Elorion Plante and Frank Moran|
|Key people||Gordon Krater, (Firm Managing Partner)
Frank Audia, Ron Eckstein, Jim Proppe, Bruce Shapiro, Craig Thornton (Group Managing Partners)
|Services||Accounting and consulting services|
|Revenue||$296 million (2010)|
|Employees||More than 2,000|
Plante Moran is the 11th largest certified public accounting and business advisory firm in the United States offering audit, accounting, tax and business advisory consulting services. Plante Moran employs more than 2,000 people and has 21 offices through Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, and in Mexico, India and China.
Plante Moran is a member of Praxity, an international association of independent accounting firms. This alliance is an association of independent firms in the major markets of North America, South America, Europe, and Asia. Other firms associated with Praxity include BKD LLP, Moss Adams LLP and Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP.
- 1924: Elorion Plante founds accounting firm in Detroit, Michigan
- 1950: Frank Moran is named partner; firm becomes known as Plante & Moran.
- 1955: Moran becomes managing partner
- 1960s: Consulting work grows to account for one-third of revenues
- 1977: Financial Planning Group is founded; originally known as Total Personal Financial Planning (TPFP)
- 1981: Edward Parks is chosen as managing partner; Moran is named chairman
- 1984: Merger with Lansing, Michigan firm also adds offices in three Michigan cities (Kalamazoo, Battle Creek, Benton Harbor/St. Joseph) and Cleveland, Ohio
- 1993: William Matthews becomes managing partner
- 1994: Plante Moran CRESA is formed
- 1996: P&M Corporate Finance is founded
- 1997: Frank Moran dies; merger occurs with NCOT Accounting and Consulting of Ohio.
- 1998: Plante & Moran Benefits Administration LLC is founded
- 1999: Firm receives first of 14 consecutive honors as Fortune (magazine)’s “100 Best Places to Work)
- 2001: William Hermann takes role of managing partner
- 2002: Firm is chosen to help investigate Enron collapse; Plante Moran Trust is created
- 2004: Merger with Gleeson, Sklar, Sawyers and Cumpata (GSS&C) gives firm three Illinois offices; firm also merges with AFME, Inc.
- 2009: Gordon Krater becomes managing partner
- 2011: Plante & Moran Drops the &; becomes Plante Moran
- 2011: Former managing partner William Hermann and current Managing Partner Gordon Krater co-author Succession Transition: A Roadmap for Seamless Transitions in Leadership 
- 2012: Merger with Stuart Franey Matthews & Chantres P.C.
- 2012: Plante Moran named to FORTUNE Magazine’s list of “The 100 Best Companies to Work for”
- 2012: Plant Moran wins First-Ever Global Workplace Recognition with International Accounting Bulletin’s Employer of the Year award
- 2012: Merger with Blackman Kallick
- 2012: Financial advisors at Plante Moran celebrate 35 years serving clients
- 2013: Plante Moran becomes 11th largest accounting firm in the US
- 2013: Plante Moran named to FORTUNE Magazine’s list of “The 100 Best Companies to Work for”; 15th consecutive year
- 2013: Plante Moran launched ‘Women in Leadership’ initiative
- 2013: Plante Moran announces opening of Detroit office
- Audit and Accounting
- Business Advisory Services
- Financial Advisory Services
- Human Capital
- Operational Effectiveness
- P&M Corporate Finance 
- Plante Moran Financial Advisors
- Plante Moran Trust 
- Plante Moran CRESA, LLC 
- For sixteen consecutive years, Plante Moran has been named to Fortune (magazine) 100 Best Companies to Work For.
- In 2010 the Detroit Free Press ranked Plante Moran as a "Top Workplace."
- 2011 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For - "Winner, West Michigan"
- 2010 Crain's Chicago Business "Best Places to Work" winner
- Inside Public Accounting List of Firms By Size
- Plante Moran Locations
- Praxity Website
- Praxity Member Directory
- Plante Moran Merges with Gleeson, Sklar, Sawyers and Cumpata (GSS&C)
- Accounting Today article: Plante Moran Merges with AFME, Inc.
- Accounting Today article: Gordon Krater Becomes Managing Partner
- Plante & Moran Drops the &, Becomes Plante Moran
- Book Publisher Momentum Books web page for A Roadmap for Seamless Transitions in Leadership
- Merger with Stuart Franey Matthew & Chantres
- Plante Moran named "100 Best Companies to Work for"[incomplete short citation]
- Plante Moran wins Global Workplace Recognition[incomplete short citation]
- Plante Moran merges with Blackman Kallick[incomplete short citation]
- Financial advisors celebrate 35 years[incomplete short citation]
- Plante Moran named "100 Best Companies to Work for" by FORTUNE Magazine[incomplete short citation]
- Plante Moran's 'Women in Leadership' initiative[incomplete short citation]
- Plante Moran to open Detroit office[incomplete short citation]
- Plante Moran Services
- P&M Corporate Finance
- Plante Moran Financial Advisors
- Plante Moran Trust
- Plante Moran CRESA, LLC
- Plante Moran Named to Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Companies to Work For, CNN
- Detroit Free Press Ranks Plante Moran as "Top Workplace"
- Plante Moran Named One of West Michigan's 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For