Plas Coch is an unofficial area in the Wrexham County Borough of Wales. It lies to the north-west part of the Welsh town of Wrexham. The area was originally known as lower Stansty however in more recent years the use of 'Plas Coch' is more common.
About the area 
Today Plas Coch is one of Wrexham's most modern areas. The area is largely non residential - and is dominated by the Glyndŵr University Plas Coch campus and its many sports facilities. Plas Coch is also well known for its large retail park situated opposite the North Wales Tennis Centre. The area has actually become part of Wrexham's Sports, Education and Technology hub as defined by Wrexham Council's district review. The area is home to:
- Glyndŵr University (University of Wrexham) - Main Plas Coch campus
- Glyndŵr University Student Village
- Plas Coch Sports Centre - Home to NEWI Nets basketball
- Techniquest (@Glyndŵr University)
- North Wales Regional Hockey Stadium - Home to Wrexham Hockey Club
- North Wales Regional Tennis Centre
- Plas Coch Retail Park (Sainsbury's, Aldi, DW Sports, Homebase, 5 further large retail units, restaurant and a pub).
Neighbouring Plas Coch:
- The Racecourse Ground Stadium - Home to Wrexham AFC
- Wrexham Technology Park
- Wrexham Maelor General Hospital
- Berse Retail Park