From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up plate in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Plate may refer to:
- Plate (dishware), a broad, mainly flat vessel commonly used to serve food.
- Silver (household), dishware and cutlery made of plate silver.
- Plating, the deposition of metallic layers.
- Plate electrode, a type of electrode used in vacuum tubes.
- Petri plate, a shallow dish on which biological cultures may be grown and/or viewed.
- Tectonic plate in geology.
- Plate tectonics, the study of the movement of such plates.
- Wilhelmy plate, used to measure tension at an interface between air and a liquid or between two liquids.
- A physical approximation of a theoretical plate in separation processes.
- An appendage of the Stegosauria group of dinosaurs.
Printing and photography
- Photographic plate, a medium from which a photograph may be developed.
- A printing medium:
- An alternative term for a (part of a) "tipped-in page", a page in a book used to carry one or more images rather than text.
- Plate (metal), rectangular metal stock that is more than 6 mm or 0.25 in thick.
- Plate (surname).
- Plate, Germany, a municipality in Parchim, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Germany.
- Approach plate, a chart used by a pilot to perform an instrument approach and landing on a runway.
- Dynamic compression plate, a metallic plate used in orthopedics to fix bone.
- Home plate, a location on a baseball field.
- L-plate (learner plate), a sign attached to a vehicle to indicate that the driver has a provisional driving license.
- Service-specific front plate, a faceplate used in British telecommunications sockets.
- Vehicle registration plate (license plate), a sign attached to a vehicle in order to identify it.
- Wall plate, a vertical component used in building construction.
- A forequarter cut of beef.
- A weight of, typically, 45 lbs (20 kg) in Olympic weightlifting.
- An element of a folding machine.
- To present food on a plate.
- in heraldry, a silver roundel
- All pages beginning with "Plate"
- All pages with titles containing "Plate"
- Plate armour, body armor made from metal plates.
- Plate camera, an early type of camera that used photographic plates.
- Plate theory, a theory used in continuum mechanics to explain thin solids.
- Faceplate (disambiguation).
- River Plate (disambiguation).
- Tourelle de la Plate, a lighthouse in France.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.