||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (October 2011)|
|Headquarters||Arlington, VA, USA|
|Key people||Paul Sparta|
|Products||Talent Management Suite, iContent|
Plateau Systems is a provider of Talent Management Systems headquartered in Arlington, Virginia with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia Pacific. The company provides SaaS solutions that allow organizations to develop, analyze and manage organizational talent, one of the key factors that affect workforce productivity and operating performance.
Plateau Systems was founded in 1996 by Paul Sparta, Chairman and CEO, and Brad Cooper, Senior Vice President, Product Strategy – both of whom still serve as Plateau executives. Plateau Systems developed one of the industry’s first Learning Management Systems (LMS), systems usually used by Human Resources departments for the management and delivery of learning and training across organizations. Plateau's customers include some of the major global organizations and government agencies such as General Electric, Bank of America,the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Capital One Services. In early 2000, Plateau Systems delivered an integrated J2EE-based talent management platform, which allowed organizations to link learning and training with employee performance to measure whether employee goals were aligned with corporate objectives. In 2007, Plateau acquired Nuvosoft, a provider of Web-based compensation management software and integrated Nuvosoft’s functionality into its talent management platform. On April 26, 2011 it was announced that Plateau would be acquired by SuccessFactors for $145 million in cash plus $145 million in stock.
Plateau Systems’s major offering is the Plateau Talent Management Suite (TMS), which comprises
- Plateau Talent Gateway combines social networking and collaboration technology with content management and user management functionality.
- Plateau Analytics, a business intelligence system, monitors the adoption, effectiveness, and performance of the Talent Management Suite
- iContent, a content management system and Content-as-a-Service solution, manages the testing, validation, deployment and security for all online content
- Paul Sparta - Chairman & CEO
- Brian F.X. Murphy - President and COO
- Ed Cohen - Chief Technology Officer
- Shelly Heiden - Executive Vice President Global Operations
- Stephen Blodgett - Chief Financial Officer
- Brad Cooper - Senior Vice President, Product Strategy
- Jeff Kristick - Senior Vice President, Marketing
- Joe Herman - Senior Vice President, Product Management and Alliances
- Sunil Chandran - Senior Vice President, Product Engineering
- Larry Thomas - Senior Vice President, Quality Assurance & Corporate Security
- Plateau Systems debuted in the “Visionary” sector of Gartner’s 2009 “Employee Performance Management (EPM) Software Magic Quadrant” 
- Customers and industry analysts recognized Plateau Systems as a customer satisfaction leader and for its continued leadership, vision and technology innovation.
- Plateau Systems positioned as a Major Player in IDC’s 2009 Integrated Talent Management MarketScape report 
- Leader in Gartner’s 2008 “Magic Quadrant for Corporate Learning Systems” for fifth consecutive year 
- Leader for the second consecutive year in the “Forrester Wave: Enterprise Learning Management Suites, Q1 2008” report 
- Leader in the “Forrester Wave: Integrated Performance and Compensation Solutions, Q3 2007” report 
- Plateau Systems was recognized as a Talent management Market-Leader in Bersin’s 2008 Essentials of Performance Management Practices” report 
- Plateau Systems was recognized for customer satisfaction and vision in Bersin & Associates' 2008 “Talent Management Suites: Market Realities, Implementation Experiences, and Vendor Profile” 
- Consistently recognized by Bersin & Associates as a Leader for LMS Customer Satisfaction
- Plateau Systems was recognized as one of Virginia's 2008 Fastest Growing Companies in Deloitte's Technology Fast 50 Program, for fifth straight year 
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Talent Management Systems
- Learning Management
- Performance Management
- Career & Succession Planning
- Compensation Management
- Content Management
- Business Intelligence
- Adler, Neil (2007-02-21). "Plateau Systems buys Nuvosoft". Washington Business journal. Retrieved 2010-06-01.
- "Press Releases". SuccessFactors. 2011-04-26. Retrieved 2011-04-26.
- "Magic Quadrant for Employee Performance Management Software". Gartner. 2009-02-03. Retrieved 2010-06-01.
- "Plateau Systems: Evolution of an Enterprise Talent Management Software Company". Bersin & Associates. 2009-09-08. Retrieved 2010-06-01.
- "New IDC MarketScape Provides First Definitive Assessment of Worldwide Integrated Talent Management Vendors". IDC. 2009-01-07. Retrieved 2010-06-01.
- "Magic Quadrant for Corporate Learning Systems". Gartner. 2008-06-30. Retrieved 2010-06-01.
- "Forrester Wave: Enterprise Learning Management Suites, Q1 2008". Forrester Research. 2008-02-12. Retrieved 2010-06-01.
- "The Forrester Wave: Integrated Performance And Compensation Solutions, Q3 2007". Forrester Research. 2007-08-17. Retrieved 2010-06-01.
- "The Essential Guide to Employee Performance Management Systems: Part 2". Bersin & Associates. 2008-10-14. Retrieved 2010-06-01.
- "Talent Management Suites: Market Realities, Implementation Experiences, and Vendor Profiles". Bersin & Associates. 2008-01-11. Retrieved 2010-06-01.
- "Deloitte's Technology Fast 50 Program". www.smartceo.com. 2008-10-01. Retrieved 2010-06-01.