|Founder(s)||Di-Ann Eisnor, Jake Olsen, Jason Wilson|
|Key people||Di-Ann Eisnor, cofounder and CEO
Jake Olsen, cofounder and CTO
Jason Wilson, cofounder and VP of Product
|Products||Mapmaker, Mapkit, Slider|
|Slogan(s)||the people's atlas|
|Alexa rank||166,472 (Retrieved on 2008-02-18)|
|Type of site||Social Computing|
Platial was used by hundreds of thousands of people globally to share and associate relevant content with geographic places of interest. Platial claims 25% of the web's map widgets, used on over 10,000 sites.
On October 18, 2007, Platial acquired Frappr!, another social mapping website, increasing its total user-generated locations to more than 100 million.
On February 27, 2010 Platial announced that the service would be closing down within a few days.
- "About - Platial.com". Platial, Inc. Archived from the original on 2007-10-26. Retrieved 2008-02-18.
- Michael Arrington (2007-10-18). "Social Mapping: Game Not Over Yet". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2008-02-18.
- Aliza Earnshaw (2007-03-16). "Platial map quest". Portland Business Journal. Bizjournals. Retrieved 2008-02-18.
- "Geographic Euthanasia: The End of Platial As We Know It (Platial News and Neogeography)". typepad.com.
- Gao, S.; Janowicz, K.; McKenzie, G.; & Li, L. (2013). "Towards platial joins and buffers in place-based GIS". Proceedings of the 1st ACM SIGSPATIAL International Workshop on Computational Models of Place (COMP’2013). pp. 1–8.
|This Web-software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|