Plattling Black Hawks
|Plattling Black Hawks|
|Based in||Plattling, Germany|
|Arena||Deggendorf Black Hawks (1986–2004)
Plattling Black Hawks (2004–present)
|Stadium||Karl Weinberger Stadion|
|Colors||Beige and Black
|Head coach||Sami Telenius|
The club's greatest success was earning promotion to the German Football League in 2008 and qualifying for the play-offs for the first time in 2010.
The Black Hawks entered league football in 1987, when they joined the southern division of the Regionalliga Bayern. The following 19 seasons, the club remained playing in local Bavarian and Southern German leagues, becoming a fixture in the tier-three Regionalliga Süd from 2001 onwards.
In 2004, the Deggendorf Black Hawks moved nine kilometres southwest, becoming the Plattling Black Hawks instead.
Under the new name, the club quickly experienced unprecedented success, winning its league and defeating the Obertshausen Blizzards to earn promotion to the southern division of the 2nd Bundesliga. Plattling spend the next three seasons at this level, successfully competing with the top teams and eventually winning the league in 2008. The team defeated the Darmstadt Diamonds in the following two promotion games and earned a spot in the German Football League for 2009.
In the GFL in 2009, the Black Hawks managed to finish in fifth place, one above the relegation rank and Bavarian rival, the Munich Cowboys. The following season saw the team come third despite a losing record and qualify for the play-offs. In the quarter finals, the Berlin Adler were however to strong and the club was knock out courtesy to a 3-17 defeat.
Plattling was unable to fulfil all its fixtures in the 2011 season, suffering from a large number of injuries, losing all games except for the last three, which it cancelled. The club decided on 1 September 2011 not to apply for a GFL 2 licence for the following season but instead to compete in the third tier Regionalliga.
In the Regionalliga the clubs troubles continued in 2012, finishing last and losing all ten season games, dropping down another level, now to the Bayernliga. The 2013 season saw the club recover and win seven out of eight regular season games but then lose 2–0 to Königsbrunn Ants in the Bayernliga play-offs.
- Play-off qualification : 2010
- League membership : (3) 2009–2011
- GFL 2
- Southern Division champions: 2008
|2005||Regionalliga Süd||1st||24–0||1.000||12||12||0||0||527||117||Won PR: Obertshausen Blizzards (26–14 & 40–14)|
|2006||GFL 2 (South)||3rd||18–10||0.643||14||9||0||5||363||296||—|
|2008||1st||25–3||0.893||14||12||1||1||556||180||Won PR: Darmstadt Diamonds (43–33 & 44–36)|
|2010||3rd||11–13||0.458||12||5||1||6||294||242||Lost QF: Berlin Adler (3–17)|
|2013||Bayernliga (Central)||1st||14–2||0.875||8||7||0||1||208||118||Lost SF: Königsbrunn Ants (0–2)|
- RR = Relegation round
- PR = Promotion round
- QF = Quarter finals
- SF = Semi finals
- GB = German Bowl
- Final three games of the 2011 season not played.
- Football History (German) Historic American football tables from Germany, accessed: 19 January 2010
- Information Status Plattling Black Hawks (German) AFVD website, published: 25 August 2011, accessed: 3 September 2011
- Letztes Heimspiel der Saison fällt aus (German) Stuttgarter Zeitung, published: 2 September 2011, accessed: 3 September 2011
- Situation Plattling Black Hawks (German) GFL website, published: 5 September 2011, accessed: 6 September 2011
- GFL 2008 www.football-aktuell.de, accessed: 2 January 2011
- GFL 2009 www.football-aktuell.de, accessed: 2 January 2011
- GFL 2010 www.football-aktuell.de, accessed: 2 January 2011
- GFL 2011 www.football-aktuell.de, accessed: 18 September 2011