|Origin||Irving, Texas, United States|
|Genres||Hip hop, Electronic|
|Members||Juan "Play" Salinas
Oscar "Skillz" Salinas
Play-N-Skillz are an American hip-hop electronic music record production duo from Irving, Texas, consisting of brothers Juan "Play" Salinas and Oscar "Skillz" Salinas, who are also rappers. Their production has won several Grammys including the Grammy Award for Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group in 2007 for their production on the single "Ridin'" by Chamillionaire and Krayzie Bone, and the Grammy Award for Best Rap Album for Lil Wayne's Tha Carter III (2008), which included their production on the single "Got Money".
Raised in the Dallas suburb of Irving, Texas, the Latino American brothers started producing music in their mother's apartment. They met Houston rapper Lil Flip, leading to work on his album U Gotta Feel Me (2004) and a deal with Universal Records. They released their album The Process (#85 Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums) in 2004. The team has also produced for artists such as Lil Wayne, Afrojack, David Guetta, Pitbull, Akon, Flo Rida, Lil Jon, Wynter Gordon, and Ludacris.
In September 2009, the duo signed a joint venture deal with their own label, G4 Muzik, and hip-hop mogul Steve Rifkind's record label SRC. In a press release, Steve Rikfind, Founder and Chairman of SRC said, "The music they make is incredible and their innate knack for finding great talent is impressive." In an interview, Skillz of Play-N-Skillz said of the deal, "This label deal will allow us to showcase our executive side as well as our creative and artistic sides. I'm very excited about the future of G4 Muzik." In October 2009, Play-N-Skillz signed local talent Inertia to their label G4 Muzik.
In 2011, Play-N-Skillz began a partnership with Jose Cuervo Platino Tequila and they are now considered to be the face for the brand. In addition, Play-N-Skillz recently co-wrote David Guetta's first single, "Where Them Girls At" featuring Flo Rida and Nicki Minaj which charted in over 21 countries within days of release. In June, Play-N-Skillz released a critically acclaimed electronic inspired mixtape entitled "Fireworks" which was a major viral success. In November 2011, Play-N-Skillz signed a production deal with Jimmy Iovine and Interscope. Their upcoming album, Alter Egos is due for release in 2012.
- 2003: Texas 2 Da World
- 2004: The Best of Lil' Flip & Play N Skillz '
- 2005: The Album Before The Album
- 2005: The Process
- 2012: Alter Egos
- 2007: The Titaniq Prequel (Hosted DJ Smallz)
- 2009: Recession Proof
- 2011: Platino Lifestyle
- 2011: Fireworks
- 2011: Red October
- 2012: Sunglasses and Advil
- "Freaks" (2004) - featuring Adina Howard, Krayzie Bone
- "Call Me" (2004) - featuring Chamillionaire
- "Latinos Stand Up" (2005)
- "Get Freaky" (2006) - featuring Pitbull
- "One Mo Gin" (2008) - featuring Lil Jon, Krayzie Bone, Bun B
- "Boom" (2008) - featuring Nina Sky & Pitbull
- "Checkin My Fresh" (2008)
- "Come Home With Me" (2009) - featuring Akon
- "Angel Eyes" (2009) - featuring Akon
- "1, 2, 3, 4" (2010) - featuring Pitbull & Paul Wall
- "I Just Wanna F*ck" (2010) - featuring Three 6 Mafia & Nelly
- "Things We Do" (2010) - featuring Snoop Dogg
- "Wonderful Life" (2011)- featuring Bun B
- "Dallas Freaks" (2011)- featuring Dorrough & Too Short
- "Richest Man" (2012)- featuring Pitbull & Shelby Shaw
- "Say Goodbye" (2012)- featuring Akon