|Fate||Acquired by Visa Inc.|
|Headquarters||Foster City, California, USA|
PlaySpan is a payments company whose payments platform handles transactions for digital goods in online games, digital media, and social networks around the world. The company allows merchants to monetize their content using a broad suite of payment and commerce-related solutions in fraud, risk management, analytics, merchandizing and global payment connectivity.
PlaySpan was founded in 2006. In July 2008, PlaySpan acquired Internet Payment Solutions, an alternative payments company, and in April 2009, PlaySpan acquired Spare Change Payments, a social media payments company.
The company received a total of $46 million in funding from investors Easton Capital, Menlo Ventures, Novel TMT Ventures, Silicon Valley Bank Capital, STIC Investments, Softbank, Vodafone, and GE Asset Management.
- "Visa to Acquire PlaySpan". Retrieved 6 July 2013.
- "PlaySpan acquires PayByCash". Retrieved 6 July 2013.
- "PlaySpan Acquires Spare Change – Combining Forces to Monetize Social Game". Retrieved 6 July 2013.
- "Visa, Inc. Press Release on PlaySpan Acquisition". 02-09-2011.
- "Visa to buy PlaySpan for $190 million". Reuters. 02-09-2011.