Screenshot showing home section in the app on iOS.
|Developer(s)||Sony Computer Entertainment|
|Initial release||January 11, 2011|
|Stable release||1.70 / April 30, 2014|
|Operating system||iOS, Android|
|Size||3.9 MB (iOS)
1.5 MB (Android)
|Available in||English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish|
The PlayStation App is a PlayStation focused mobile application for the iOS and Android mobile operating systems developed by Sony Computer Entertainment. Version 1.0 of the application was released on January 11, 2011 in Australia and Europe, and released in North America on November 14, 2013, before the launch of the PlayStation 4 in that region. Currently, the application can be used on devices running iOS 6 and above or Android 4.0 and above,and has been installed more than 3.6 million times as of March 2, 2014.
The PlayStation App can be used as a second screen for the PlayStation 4, provide connectivity features, access to the PlayStation Store, view manuals and guides, send and receive messages between PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation Vita systems, compare trophies, view recent activities, maintain friends lists, and keep up to date with news from the PlayStation Blog. The PlayStation App does not have any gaming functionality.
The application allows users to check their PlayStation Network trophies, friends lists, recent activities, and use second-screen and connectivity features with the PlayStation 4. It also provides a news feed regarding news involving the PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, and PlayStation 3 gaming systems, in addition to being able to read post comments on the PlayStation Blog. The application also allows users to watch any videos embedded in the news posts via the application on their mobile device. Users are also able to share news or products on their Facebook, Twitter or email accounts.
- Emmanuel Orssaud Europe (January 11, 2011). "The PlayStation Official App Now Available For Download". PlayStation Blog Europe. Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. Retrieved January 9, 2011.
- Emmanuel Orssaud (December 16, 2010). "The Official PlayStation App, Coming Soon To iPhone And Android Handsets". PlayStation Blog Europe. Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. Retrieved December 19, 2010.
- McCormick, Rich (November 13, 2013). "Official PlayStation app now available on Android and iOS devices ahead of PS4 launch". The Verge. Retrieved November 13, 2013.
- iTunes Preview
- Google Play Store
- PlayStation Blog
- PlayStation Blog Europe
- PlayStation Blog Hong Kong
- 香港 PlayStation Blog(Chinese)
- PlayStation Blog Singapore