PlayTV (Brazilian television channel)
|Launched||June 5, 2006|
|Headquarters||São Paulo (SP)|
|Formerly called||Rede 21|
|SKY Brasil||Channel 181|
|Claro TV||Channel 118|
|Oi TV||Channel 109|
PlayTV is a Brazilian television station operated by Gamecorp. It was inaugurated on June 5, 2006 replacing Rede 21 in partnership with Grupo Bandeirantes de Comunicação. As soon as the contract has ended with Bandeirantes, it became a private channel being transmitted by SKY Brasil, NET Serviços and other pay television services in Brazil. Its programming is focused on information about music, movies, anime and games.
Between March 30 and May 28, 2007, Play TV was present at 1240 MHz horizontal of Star One B4(Star One C2)(today, this frequency is used by a gospel channel), previously used for the transmission of TV Jockey. Later, the channel also started broadcasting at 4087 MHz horizontal of Brasilsat B3 (Brasilsat B4). Now used to broadcast infomercials, the frequency is still owned by Play TV.
On July 8, Rede 21, returned to the analog system from 15h00min to 00h00min.
End of transmission
On July 7, 2008, Rede 21 returned after the breach of contract between Grupo Bandeirantes de Comunicação and Gamecorp (owned by Oi (telecommunications) — former Telemar — and Fábio Luís Lula da Silva).
The partnership should be of ten years, however, Grupo Bandeirantes de Comunicação, not satisfied with the channel, decided not to renew the contract with Play TV creative masterminds, replaced by Rede 21, at 21 UHF of São Paulo. Then, the channel became available only via on-line streaming.
Resumption of transmissions
On November 11, 2008, the channel has become a paid channel, with the channel 86 of SKY Brazil. The channel also announced that will be broadcast by the cable TV NET city of Brasília on the date December 1.
PlayTV actually divides its programming with music videos, film reviews, gameplay TV programs, humorous TV dramas, reality shows, and recently anime series. Two anime series were announced in March 2014, and there are previews for new anime to be announced coming soon.
- Eu Q Mando Twitter - block with music videos selected by Twitter users
- Caliente - block with uncensored music videos
- Cineplay - program based on film backstages
- Combo Fala + Joga - a "mashup" of talk show with video game competitions
- GameTV - news about video games
- Ichiban - Japanese pop culture
- Interferência - a selection of music videos of a certain genre
- Ponto Pop 10 - news about pop music including a list of 10 music videos
- Mok - news about video games and technology
- Qu4tro Coisas - Pop culture
- Brasilsat Digital Charts - Brasilsat B3 - Actual B4
- Brasilsat Digital Charts - Brasilsat B4 - Actual C2
- Play TV shut down, now Band gives another chance to Rede 21
- Beyond that, Play TV was searching for more Affiliates like TV Oeste Carapicuiba Canal 44 UHF São Paulo and TV Mani Canal 19 Paraíba. http://www.playtv.com.br/playtv/?. As seen in 12-11-07.