Play & Win
|Play & Win|
From left to right: Marcy Botezan, Radu Bolfea, Sebi Barac.
|Origin||Alba Iulia, Romania|
|Genres||Dance, house, pop, pop rock|
|Labels||Play & Win Music|
|Associated acts||Inna, Akcent, Morris, Crazy Win, Activ|
|Website||Play & Win official website|
Play & Win is a Romanian singer-songwriter and music production trio formed in 2000 by Radu Bolfea, Marcel Botezan and Sebastian Barac. They are a leading production team having more than 500 songs to their credit registered at the PRS. Play & Win has been attributed with producing some of Romania's biggest dance music hits, collaborating with artists that include Inna, Akcent, 3rei Sud Est, and Cătălin Josan. As a musical group, Play & Win has released numerous singles that have charted on various music charts.
Play & Win was formed in 2000 by Radu Bolfea, Marcel Botezan, and Sebastian Barac, all of whom are from Alba Iulia, a city in the Transylvania region of Romania. Throughout their career, the trio has collaborated with Activ, creating hits like "Superstar", "Dor", "Heaven" and "Lucruri Simple". Other collaborations include 3rei Sud Est's Alături de Îngeri, Sistem's Oare unde eşti, Andra's We Go Crazy, and Inna's House Music. Their production debut came in 2005 with the single Kylie for the Romanian band Akcent. The song peaked in the top 5 of music charts in Belgium, Sweden, Norway, Poland, Russia, Ukraine, and Turkey as well as #1 on Netherlands, Finland and Romanian charts.
Play & Win produced Inna's first album Hot, released initially in 2009. The album included the single Hot which made Inna the first Romanian artist to top a Billboard chart in the United States when it reached #1 on Billboard's Dance/Mix Show Airplay chart. The album also featured charted singles Love, Déjà Vu, Amazing and 10 Minutes, all of which were written and produced by Play & Win. The singles Hot and Love from the album received more than 50 million views on YouTube in the first year of their release. Play & Win also produced I Am the Club Rocker, INNA's second studio album released in 2011. The album was certified Gold in both Romania and Poland and was described by Play & Win as their best record so far. The album contained the single Sun Is Up which peaked at #1 in Bulgaria and #5 on the UK Dance Chart.
Play & Win is also attributed with composing Zero's Sunny Days, a single that came second in the Romanian National Eurovision Song Contest in 2009. They also produced Morris' Desire which reached #5 on the Fresh Top 40. Play & Win have also collaborated with Andreea Bănică, producing her #1 single Sexy in 2010.
Play & Win made their chart debut as singers in 2009 with the single Slow Motion. It became one of the biggest hits in Romania in the spring of 2009, reaching #1 on the Kiss FM Fresh Top 40. Their single Ya BB was another chart success in Romania, reaching #1 on the official Romanian Top 100 on June 5, 2011. It was the most broadcast song on Romanian radio for 16 weeks. They were featured in the song INNdiA, a single from INNA's third studio album, also produced by the trio. The song was written by Play & Win and released to Romanian mainstream radio stations on June 28, 2012. Music produced by Play & Win for INNA reached more than 1 billion views on YouTube and each INNA’s single had more than 15 mil. views and more than 500.000 sales on album.
|Change The World
|2008||"Summertime"||Change The World|
|2009||"Slow Motion"||Change The World|
|2010||"Only"||Change The World|
|2011||"Ya BB"||Change The World|
|2012||"INNdiA" feat. Inna||Party Never Ends, Inna Album|
|2013||"Dance With Me" feat. Antonia|
|2013||"Don't Try To Stop This"||Non Album Single|
|2013||"5 AM"||Non Album Single|
|2013||"Lady"||Non Album Single|
|2004||Akcent||SOS, Kylie, Dragoste de închiriat|
|2005||Activ||Motive, Superstar, Lucruri Simple|
|2006||3SE||Iubire, Miracle, Mă iubeai, Mă doare|
|2006||All Stars (Campanie anti-drog)||Don't be a Hero|
|2006||Natalia Barbu||Îngerul Meu (Baby Don't cry)|
|2007||Andra||We go crazy|
|2008||Cătălin Josan||Megastart, Run away, Între noi|
|2008||Sistem feat Andra||Oare unde ești|
|2008||Morris||Desire, Till the morning|
|2008||Crazy Win||Beautiful Lover|
|2008||Play & Win||Summertime|
|2009||Play & Win||Slow Motion|
|2009||Inna||Love, Déjà Vu, Amazing, I Need You For Christmas|
|2010||Andreea Bănică (feat Dony)||Samba|
|2010||Inna||10 Minutes, Sun Is Up|
|2010||Play & Win||Only|
|2010||Ellie White||Nu te mai caut|
|2011||Play & Win||Ya BB|
|2011||Inna||Club Rocker, Un Momento, Endless|
|2011||Desperado||Inside I want you|
|2012||Inna||WOW, Caliente, Tu Si Eu, Crazy Sexy Wild|
|2012||Play & Win feat. Inna||INNdiA|
|2013||Play & Win||Dance With Me feat. Antonia|
|2013||Play & Win||Don't Try To Stop This|
|2013||Play & Win||5 AM|
|2013||ONE||Till The End of Time|
|2013||Play & Win||Lady|
|2014||Play & Win feat. Inna||Take Me Higher, Low, Devil's Paradis, Tell Me|
- "Romanian "sound" takes over dance music scene". The Independent. 5 June 2011. Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- Smith, Emily (2013). The Inna Handbook - Everything You Need to Know about Inna. Emereo Pty Limited. ISBN 9781488502767.
- "Biografie" (in Romanian). www.playandwin.net. Retrieved 2009-07-29.
- "Play and Win Ya BB Music Charts". A Charts. Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- ""Only", un nou single "Play&Win"" (in Romanian). www.telegrafonline.ro. 2009-03-30. Retrieved 2009-07-29.
- "Ascultă noul single Play & Win - "Ya BB"" (in Romanian). Liber Tatea. 3 February 2011. Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- "Intreaga Europa danseaza pe ritmul piesei 'Kylie" (in Romanian). www.musicxpress.ro. 2006-02-17. Retrieved 2009-07-29.
- "Inna 'Hot' New Peak At No 6 On UK Singles Chart And Tops The UK Dance Chart". Top 40 Charts. Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- "Noul single Inna, în exclusivitate la Radio 21" (in Romanian). www.libertatea.ro. 2009-02-16. Retrieved 2009-07-27.
- "Inna, pe locul I în topul Nielsen" (in Romanian). www.telegrafonline.ro. 2008-12-20. Retrieved 2009-07-27.
- Gustafsson, Fredrik (21 May 2011). "Inna To Conquer The UK With Hot Album". Welch Music. Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- de Edi, Scris (13 December 2011). "Concurs! Castiga albumele anului de la Roton - INNA, Michael Buble si Lykke Li!" (in Romanian). Urban. Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- "Bestseller charts and awards". Zpav (in Polish). Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- "INNA - Sun Is Up". Ultra Top (in French). Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- "2011 Top 40 Dance Singles Archive - 21st May 2011". Top 40 Dance Charts. Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- "Fresh TOP 40 KissFm/Tv 11 aprilie" (in Romanian). www.musichat.ro. 11-04-2009. Retrieved 2009-07-29. Check date values in:
- de Valy, Scris (30 May 2011). "Andreea Banica feat. Play & Win - Sexy (DJ Dark & Shidance RMX)" (in Romanian). Urban. Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- "Romania's Airplay 100 (KissFM Podcast) - August 5, 2012". Kissfm.ro. Retrieved 29 June 2014.
|This article has not been added to any categories. Please help out by adding categories to it so that it can be listed with similar articles. (July 2014)|