Playboy's Dark Justice
Playboy's Dark Justice is a half hour computer animated pornographic TV series shown on Playboy TV premiering on September 3, 2000 at 10:00pm Eastern/9:00pm Central and running for 20 (of an intended 26) episodes until 2001 and was perhaps the first and only show of its kind created. Unlike most talk, variety, and reality series on Playboy TV, Dark Justice had characters and story arcs. It featured a heroine named Justina (voiced by Veronica Hart) who would fight crime as part of a vigilante force in a dystopian world in Metro City in 2120. The plots would inevitably lead to Justina and others in sexual situations. The series was directed by Michael Ninn, produced by Ninn & Hart (among others) through Hope Ranch Productions, and featured a number of porn stars as voice actors and models for motion capture animated with 3D Studio Max and Character Studio.
Dark Justice was the only completed film and television production from Hope Ranch until its acquisition by Pure Play Media in 2002 and name change to Ninn Worx. The name "Hope Ranch" appears to have been later used for the alternate reality game Kronos480BC promoting the Ninn Worx production "The Four"
- Adult Video News article NINN Pushes the Boundaries of Animation for Playboy TV Series at the Wayback Machine (archived December 7, 2006)
- Hope Ranch produce Dark Justice with help from 3ds max and character studio by Audrey Doyle at the Wayback Machine (archived December 6, 2001)
- Playboy's Dark Justice at Toonarific Cartoons
- Playboy's Dark Justice - Episode Guide - MSN TV (includes episode list and air dates)
- Playboy TV Disrobes New CGI Series
- Playboy TV Slates Animated PPV Series By: R. Thomas Umstead
- site (includes list of characters) at the Wayback Machine (archived August 16, 2001)
- Negative review at Everything2.com