Players Choice Awards
The Players Choice Awards are given following a secret ballot by players. Four awards go to a player in each league, while two awards each go to one player in all of Major League Baseball. Prize money is donated to a charity of each winner's choice.
The first Players Choice Awards were given in 1992, to the Comeback Player in each of the two major leagues. There were no other awards that year. In 1993, the Comeback Player awards were replaced by an Outstanding Player award for each league. In 1994, two more categories were added: Outstanding Pitcher (in each league) and Outstanding Rookie (in each league). In 1997, the dual Comeback Player awards were again named, along with the first ever single award — the Man of the Year — for one player in all of Major League Baseball. In 1998, a second non-dual award was added, Player of the Year. In addition, the Man of the Year award was renamed in honor of Marvin Miller, former executive director of the Major League Baseball Players Association. In 1999, a special Player of the Decade award was given.
Awards for one player in all of Major League Baseball 
Player of the Year 
This award was first given in 1998.
|1998||Mark McGwire||St. Louis Cardinals|
|1999||Pedro Martínez||Boston Red Sox|
|2000||Carlos Delgado||Toronto Blue Jays|
|2001||Barry Bonds (1)||San Francisco Giants|
|2002||Alex Rodriguez (1)||Texas Rangers|
|2003||Albert Pujols (1)||St. Louis Cardinals|
|2004||Barry Bonds (2)||San Francisco Giants|
|2005||Andruw Jones||Atlanta Braves|
|2006||Ryan Howard||Philadelphia Phillies|
|2007||Alex Rodriguez (2)||New York Yankees|
|2008||Albert Pujols (2)||St. Louis Cardinals|
|2009||Albert Pujols (3)||St. Louis Cardinals|
|2010||Carlos González||Colorado Rockies|
|2011||Justin Verlander||Detroit Tigers|
The Marvin Miller Man of the Year Award 
This award is given to "the player in either league whose on-field performance and contributions to his community inspire others to higher levels of achievement." First given in 1997 (as the "Man of the Year" Award), it was renamed in 1998 in honor of Marvin Miller, former executive director of the Major League Baseball Players Association.
|1997||Mark McGwire||Oakland Athletics|
|1998||Paul Molitor||Minnesota Twins|
|1999||Sammy Sosa||Chicago Cubs|
|2000||Eric Davis||St. Louis Cardinals|
|2001||Jim Thome (1)||Cleveland Indians|
|2002||John Smoltz (1)||Atlanta Braves|
|2003||John Smoltz (2)||Atlanta Braves|
|2004||Jim Thome (2)||Philadelphia Phillies|
|2005||Mike Sweeney||Kansas City Royals|
|2006||Albert Pujols||St. Louis Cardinals|
|2007||Torii Hunter||Minnesota Twins|
|2008||Michael Young (1)||Texas Rangers|
|2009||Curtis Granderson||Detroit Tigers|
|2010||Brandon Inge||Detroit Tigers|
|2011||Michael Young (2)||Texas Rangers|
|2012||Chipper Jones||Atlanta Braves|
Awards for a player in each league 
Outstanding Player 
First awarded in 1993.
Outstanding Pitcher 
First awarded in 1994.
Outstanding Rookie 
First awarded in 1994.
Comeback Player 
In 1992, this was the first ever Players Choice Award. There were no other awards that year. The Comeback Player award was not given from 1993 to 1996, although awards were given in other categories. In 1997, it was again awarded and has been ever since.
Award for Player of the Decade 
- See also: Baseball Prospectus Internet Baseball Awards MVP of the Decade (1999) and The Sporting News Player of the Decade (1999)
In 1999, a special Player of the Decade award was given to Ken Griffey, Jr..
See also 
- Baseball America Major League Player of the Year (in MLB; for all positions)
- Best Major League Baseball Player ESPY Award (in MLB; for all positions)
- The Sporting News Player of the Year Award (in MLB; for all positions) (Sporting News also has a Pitcher of the Year award for each league)
- The Sporting News Most Valuable Player Award (in each league) (discontinued in 1946)
- Baseball Digest Player of the Year (in MLB; for position players) (from 1969 to 1993, included all positions; in 1994, a separate Pitcher of the Year award was added)
- MLB This Year in Baseball Awards (in MLB; including Player, Rookie, Starting Pitcher, Closer, Setup Man, Defensive Player)
- Kenesaw Mountain Landis Most Valuable Player Award (in each league; for all positions) (MLB also has the Cy Young Award for a pitcher in each league)
- Triple Crown (baseball)
- MLB All-Century Team (1999)
- MLB All-Time Team (1997; Baseball Writers' Association of America)
- Baseball awards#U.S. major leagues: Awards by organizations other than MLB
- List of MLB awards
- "Major League Baseball Players Association: Programs". Mlb.com. Retrieved 2010-03-18.
- By Ken Mandel / MLB.com. "Howard dual Players Choice winner | phillies.com: News". Mlb.com. Retrieved 2010-03-18.
- By Jack O'Connell / MLB.com. "Two Players Choice Awards for Howard | MLB.com: News". MLB.com. Retrieved 2010-03-18.
- By Matthew Leach / MLB.com. "Pujols, Carpenter draw peers' kudos | cardinals.com". Mlb.com. Retrieved 2010-03-18.
- "Major League Baseball Players Association: Players Choice". Mlb.com. Retrieved 2010-03-18.