|This article reads like a news release, or is otherwise written in an overly promotional tone. (June 2013)|
|Founded||Vologda, Russia (2004 )|
Playrix is a casual games developer and publisher headquartered in Vologda, Russia. Founded in 2004, it currently employs over 100 people. Playrix offers premium downloadable games via its official web site.
Playrix's games are available on multiple platforms, including PC, Mac, Nintendo DS/Wii, iPhone, iPad and other consoles/handhelds. The company is currently focused on games for mobile devices (namely, iPhone/iPod touch, iPad and Android) and downloadable games for PC and Mac.
In addition to the in-house developed games, Playrix also acts as a publisher for a number of titles from external studios. The company officially announced its plans to target publishing in October 2008.
Facts and Numbers
- Playrix is a 100% self-funded company;
- Playrix iPhone and iPad games have been downloaded over 25 million times, and regularly appear on Top-10 Games charts;
- Playrix games are available at retail in over 50 countries and have been localized into a dozen languages;
- With games released on a variety of platforms including PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android, Nintendo DS, Sony PSP, mobile and social networks worldwide, Playrix continues to deliver a unique gaming experience to the widest possible audience;
In 4 Elements players need to bring back the elements of Earth, Fire, Air and Water, and save the kingdom by restoring four ancient books of magic.
- The 3rd ELAN Awards Nominee: Best Casual Game 
Fishdom, a combination of Match-3 and Sim, gives players a chance to build up their own dream aquarium and fill it with fish and ornaments.
- Great Game Awards Nominee: Top Match-3 (RealGames, RealNetworks, Inc.)
- iParenting Media Awards: 2009 Greatest Video Game
- Conversion rate up to 14%
Fishdom H2O: Hidden Odyssey
Fishdom H2O: Hidden Odyssey, a combination of hidden object and Sim, takes players to the bottom of the sea to collect numerous hidden items to earn cash and build up aquariums of their own design.
- AOL Games' Best of 2009: #1 Bestseller and Most Downloaded Game.
Around the World in 80 Days
Around the World in 80 Days, a Match-3 puzzler, inspired by Jules Verne’s classic novel, takes players on a journey around the four continents following the book’s storyline.
- Goble, Gord (2008-09-19). "4 Elements Review". IGN. Retrieved 2009-01-05.
- "RealGames Recognizes Outstanding Developers With First Annual Great Game Awards". Reuters. 2009-07-21.
- Playrix Entertainment Homepage
- Official Playrix Page on Facebook
- Official Playrix Page on Twitter
- Official Playrix YouTube Channel
- Gamezebo: Interview with Igor Bukhman, Playrix's President, Products
- iGame Radio: Interview with Sean Elliot, VP of Business Development at Playrix
- Pixel Perfect Gaming: Interview with Dmitri Bukhman, Playrix's President, Strategy